*{7}*

* 「The Letter」 *

||=====||

A lone crow rests a top of a roof, peeking through a little window of the building opposite them.
Inside the room, the crow could stares at a Takumi peacefully sleeping in bed for a moment until turning around to fly off - heading to the Crux fleet ship.

||=====||

There was a soft knock on the door, one of Takumi's ears flick at the noise. The kitsune makes no effort to get out of bed - instantly knowing it was Zhongli on the other side of the door.
The knocking continues on for a minute, growing louder with each passing second. It abruptly comes to a stop, it was now silent.

"Finally..." Takumi lets out a breath of relief once the noise died down. However, that short lived moment of peace was no more when the door was forced opened with a great bang.

In shock, Takumi quickly sat up in bed with his whole body now tense in alert.
The kitsune snaps his over at the door and spots Zhongli just standing there.

"I was in the middle of sleeping! It's very rude to just barge in someone's room unnoticed!" Takumi screamed.

"It's already twelve, so I would say it is the perfect time for you to wake up." Zhongli grinned when Takumi directed a scowl at him.

"I'm going back to sleep thank you very much! I'm already done with you grandpa!" Takumi huffed when he lies back down and pulls the covers over his head.
Zhongli rolled his eyes and walks over to the bed to pull the blankets off of Takumi.

The sentient-kitsune dramatically gasps as he sat up on the bed, facing Zhongli once more to glare at him. The Archon only sighed as he crossed his arms.

"I'm not going to put up with your antics - now get dressed." Zhongli warns and promptly leaves the room; not giving Takumi the chance to reply.
The light haired man grumbled under his breath as he got on his feet and went to go take a bath.

||=====||

Zhongli had finished off preparing the table for a late breakfast. Takumi soon saunters in the room and over towards the table to take a seat across from Zhongli.
As every other morning, the two sat sat in silence and quietly ate the meal - with occasional glares being thrown here and there every once in a few minutes.

||=====||

The crow makes it to the Crux ship and comfortably sat at the very top of the mast of the large ship.

The ship got ready to leave and head off to Inazuma.
Throughout the journey, the little bird would mostly sleep, look over the mass ocean and sneakily steal bits of food from some of the crewmates whenever they were eating and keeping close guard of their meal.

The ship finally makes it to the isolated archipelago and the black bird immediately flies off and makes their way straight for Aramui.

||=====||

There was a knock on the front door and Zhongli went over to answer it. When the man opened the door, he was greeted by Aether and Paimon.

"Hello there Zhongli, we were told to give this to you." Aether said as he handed over a scroll that was tied with a purple ribbon to him.

Zhongli took the scroll and Paimon spoke up.

"Beidou told us to give this to you since it's really important." Paimon adds while Zhongli already knew exactly what the contents of the letter could contain.

"I see, thank you for going out of your way to give this to me. How about I take you out sometime as a thank you." Zhongli says with a smile as Aether shook his head.

"There's no need, honestly it'--" Aether 's mouth was then covered by Paimon's little hand.

"Of course! Let's head to Wanmin restaurant the next time we hangout!" Paimon exclaimed as Aehter rolled his eyes and Zhongli chuckled.

The traveler and his companion say their goodbyes to Zhongli before heading off to their next adventure.

||=====||

Takumi walked over by Zhongli - who was quietly reading a letter.

"Who's it from?" Takumi questioned as Zhongli closed the scroll.

"It's from the Parlour. I have some work to complete." Zhongli lied (unbeknownst to Takumi) and went to his room to sort out a few things.

||=====||