*{8}*

* 「Memories」 *

||=====||

A younger Myōbu can be seen running away from a young Miko - who was chasing him with a large Onikabuto beetle in her hands at the Grand Narukami Shrine.

Myōbu was busy screaming in terror while Yae Miko laughed.
In the distance was a young man (probably a few years older than Myōbu and Miko) smiling as he watched the two kitsunes play.

The man had reddish-pink eyes, long white hair tied in a lower ponytail, along with fox ears. He also wore a purple Sokutai with Sakura petals patterns on it.

The young Myōbu soon runs over the older boy and seemed to be in tears.

"Miko won't leave me alone!" Myōbu cried as the said girl came over. Myōbu quickly hid behind his older brother while Miko giggled hysterically.

"Come on Myō! There's no need for you to be afraid now! It's just a harmless beetle!" Taunted Miko while Myōbu frowned.

"A scary and ugly one!" Yelled Myōbu as his elder brother sighed.

"Come on you two, why fight over something so small? Miko is even younger than you Myōbu - you're a grown man." The elder points out teasingly when Myōbu pouted with Miko giggling.

"Well it's because Myōbu is almost scared of everything! He's such a crybaby!" Exclaimed Yae Miko ay the younger man gasped.

"That's not true at all! I'm only pretending to cry!" Myōbu lies.

"Oh really? Then come at me!" Yae Miko shot back before running off and Myōbu tried catching up with her.

While all of this happened, Myōbu's older brother laughed as he watched them mess around.

||=====||

At the Grand Shikigami Estate, a little child known as Myōbu was busy painting and his older brother came by to check on him.

"There you are Myōbu, I've been looking for everywhere. Come on, you're supposed to start your calligraphy lesson before mother finds you here." The elder brother stresses and Myōbu frowns in response.

"I don't wanna! I want to paint and papa loves it when I paint something for him!" Argued Myōbu as he stomped his foot.

The elder kitsune only smiled a small smile and shook his head.

||=====||

Little Myōbu opened a sliding door to one of the many rooms within the estate and closed the door behind after entering.

"Ah, well if it isn't my little kit." Myōbu's father, Hiroshi, brightly smiled as he sat at a low table eating his food.

The man had long blonde hair that fell up to his shoulders and had bright pink eyes. He also wore a purple themed Yukuta. 
The most defining future of Hiroshi, was the fact that he was a human, and not a kitsune like the rest of his family.

"Hi papa, how are you feeling?" Asked Myōbu.

"I'm doing well, what about you?" Hiroshi asks the little boy with a hoarse voice.

The two chatted for a bit until they were abruptly interrupted with a harsh bang from the door being slid open, revealing a tall woman with not so happy look.

The woman had radiant crimson eyes and traditional makeup upon her face; her long white in the traditional Nihongami hairstyle - her fox ears almost being completely hidden. She also wore a Jūnihitoe※ that consisted of ivory and red robes.
The tall woman turned out to be Myōbu's mother - Shikigami Homare - the current head of the Shikigami clan

"Myōbu, you're supposed to be in the dojo practicing your martial arts." Homare states sternly, a harsh gaze with the sneer on her face.

"Uhm... I..." Myōbu fumbled on his words but his father steps in instantly.

"Calm down Homare, don't you think he at least deserves a day off for a bit?" Innocently asked Hiroshi and his wife scoffed.

"Just this once, but if this ever happens again, Myōbu will be severely punished." Warned Homare before promptly slamming the door shut and left with Hiroshi letting out a quiet breath.

||=====||

Nihongami - term used for a number of traditional Japanese hairstyles.

Jūnihitoe - a style of formal court dress first worn in the Heian period by noble women and ladies-in-waiting at the Japanese Imperial Court.

||=====||