*{10}*

* 「Tails」 *

||=====||

Once the crow reached Aramui, it quickly made its way to a small camping site with a huge black tent. The bird let out a loud caw and a man promptly steps out from the tent.

A man with milky white skin, shimmering magenta eyes, and long black hair tied back in a low ponytail. He wore an inky and violet themed ※Nagagi Kimono, a black ※Umanori-styled Hakama, and a pair of zōri with maroon straps.
The man holds his arm out for the crow to land on.

"What news do you have for me, hmm?" Eagerly asked the man with a chilling, yet joyous smile - void of any genuine inclination.
The crow goes on to tell the man of its journey and its siting of a certain kitsune.

"Ah, so you managed to find him. Now that we know where he is, it's time to move on to the next phase." Said the man with his smile growing wider with true glee.

||=====||

Zhongli knocks on Takumi's door, but was met with silence. He tries again a few times to no avail for a response. The Archon just lets out an exasperated breath when letting himself in. Once Zhongli steps in, he couldn't his gaze focusing on Takumi.

The ruby eyed man stood in front of a mirror, tentatively analysing his appearance - his large fluffy tails present this time. Takumi then notices Zhongli through the reflection of the mirror; a frown immediately replacing his previous neutral expression.

"What?" Takumi questioned as he crossed his arms and swiftly turning around.

"I just wanted to let you know that dinner's ready." Zhongli says, eyes still on Takumi's tails instead of directly him in the eye.

"About time. Took you long enough." Takumi spat, his tails soon disappearing within a blaze blue flames. When Zhongli looks up Takumi's face, a pair of Ruby irises boring holes into his soul.

Takumi then marches out the room to head for the kitchen, Zhongli soon following suite.

||=====||

Zhongli and Takuni sat at the table. Sharing a meal as always.

"You know, you should try cooking something for us to eat sometime." Zhongli suggests before he took a bite out of the a little piece of Tianshu Meat he picked with his chopsticks.

"Why would I do that?" Takumi queries after he finished chewing on a piece of Tianshu Meat.

"It just came to mind. If you have forgotten how to cook, there is no need to feel shame in that." Said Zhongli and Takumi grits his teeth.

"What makes you think I can't cook!?"

"You seem very reluctant to do it, it has been quite some time since you have actually prepared a meal." Zhongli professed and Takumi rolled his eyes with a grunt.

"I'll show you old man! Tomorrow, I'm going to make the most delicious breakfast you've ever seen and tasted." Takumi declared, proudly grinning before he continued eating.

||=====||

"So this should be it, correct?" Asked the man as he looked at a small wooden box.

"Absolutely Mr Maki! I can hundred percent guarantee that it is the real deal." Said the merchant, hiding his nervousness with a smile.

"Alright then, here's your payment." Says the man, Amamiya, when he dropped a bag of Mora in front of the merchant.

"Glad doing business with you sir!" The merchant snatches the bag and scrambled on his feet before quickly rushing to leave the tent.

Once the merchant is gone, Amamiya opens the box and cautiously studies the white fox tail with a red tip.
Amamiya then holds it up in the air to once again take a good look at it - his stoic expression darkens with distate.

Amamiya unhurriedly stands up and grabbed his Katana lying in the floor whilst his crow flew on his shoulder as he left his tent.

||=====||

"If I'm not mistakened, you used to have twelve tails, correct?" Zhongli asked after he took a sip of tea.
Leaning against a counter in the kitchen whilst Takumi prepares breakfast for the two of them.

"Correct - why do you ask?" Takumi narrows his eyes when Zhongli shrugged.

"I was just curious is all." Zhongli answered and he finished off the last bit of his tea.

"If you say so." Takumi muttered. Wondering if the Archon was all right in the head, because he should already have first hand knowledge.

' he really is getting old... '

||=====||

Nagagi Kimono - a type of kimono that doesn't involve trousers.

Umanori-styled Hakama - a type of Traditional Hakama style. In the Edo period, Samurai usually wore this piece of clothing. They look like skirts, but are actually pants.

||=====||