Chap. 2

I jumped out of the window, falling out and landing on my feet. Derek jumped out after me and groaned out loud when his back collided with the ground. I burst out laughing and was wheezing for air, having to shut it down with my hand. Aunt Cherie or Chris can't know that we're sneaking out this late, we would get in so much trouble.

"You kinda looked like that girl from Spider-Man! The blonde one." I whispered and gave him my hand as help for him to get up.

"Gwen? Nah, Deliah, that's too disrespectful. Let the woman rest in peace." Derek responded. He got up and I got the dirty things from the ground, off of his ass.
"Where are we even going this late?" I asked.

"We are going to find my dad, apparently it took him nineteen years to find some milk. Nah, I'm just kidding. Leo texted me and said he wanted to hang out, and I didn't want to go without you, so here we are." He explained.

Derek put his arm around my neck and pulled me close to him as we walked down the street together. "I heard from a little birdie that you already had a bad start with Leo."

"He told you that?" I asked. Derek chuckled.

"Well, I was awake when he threw you in the pool and then decided to tone it out with my AirPods because I didn't want to be included, but other than that, yes, he told me as well."

I gasped. That was a pure betrayal.

"How dare you do that to me!" I said and elbowed his rib and then pushed him away from me harshly.
"Hey! He was only flirting." He pointed out.

"Oh yeah, because that makes it any better, asshole," I answered and rolled my eyes at him.

By the time we kept arguing, we finally got to Kai's house and waited outside.
"Stop being offended, Deliah. Shut up and admit that I won this argument."

"I will, at your gravestone," I said and crossed my arms over my chest sassily.
"I will never forgive you for saying that, mark my words—"

"Saying what?" Leo interrupted Derek by entering the conversation and closing the door behind him, stepping closer to us.

I gave Derek a threatening look and shook my head slowly. "Um... where are we going?" He asked instead of explaining our argument.

"We're just going for a walk." He answered Derek. Derek nodded in response and winked at me. We began walking down unfamiliar streets, for some reason my hand was dangling around the same time that Leo's was.

They kept touching each other, and it ended up with him getting annoyed with it and grabbing it, tangling our fingers together, and keeping my hand warm, I tried to remove it from his, but he forced my fingers to stay where they were.

"My mom said she would kick my ass out if she ever saw them in the house again." Derek's voice was there again, I had been so focused on our hands that I hadn't listened.

"Yeah, our whole room stank of the smell of smoke the next day. I hope you learned your lesson, Derek. Never smoke, you idiot." I told him. Leo looked down at me with an unreadable face, which made me a bit nervous.

He put his arm around Derek's neck, so it didn't look suspicious. "Are you excited to go back to college and get rejected by the same girl again?" Leo asked Derek. I gasped and leaned in to see Derek's face.

"Are you excited to go back to college to see your clingy girlfriend again?" Derek snapped back. When I heard the word girlfriend I let go of his hand and kept it to myself.

I took my phone up from my jeans pocket and someone was calling me, the caller id was Chris. Fuck.
"Chris is calling me, what do I do?" I asked them, I was already starting to freak out.