Chap. 10

When I woke up, I woke up to an empty bed. I sat up and couldn't process anything that he had done. He didn't even bother leaving a note, and last night he made me believe he actually cared somehow. Did he even enjoy it? Was it his first time or was that a lie too? Oh god.

I put my head against the headboard and closed my eyes. Remembering everything about my biological mother. The one woman that could've made a giant impact in my life, but decided that deadly drugs and alcohol were more important than me. I can't believe I just had sex with Leo right after I got taken away from Derek and Aunt Cherie.

It must be my weird way of coping.

None of this feels real. The soreness between my legs made me feel like sobbing. I wanted to cry my eyes out because I was a fucking idiot, that fell for whatever everyone else told me. I stared up at the ceiling, suddenly regretting last night and wanting to escape from everyone and everything.

How could he do this to me? It was his first time too.

I grabbed my phone and decided to call my only friend at the moment—though I was still mad at her for not telling me. It continued ringing and ringing in my ears, so I removed my phone from my ear, about to hang up until a miracle happened and she picked up the phone.

"Jesus Christ, Deliah! Where are you? Everyone has been so incredibly worried."

"Olivia, I did something stupid," I admitted, my voice cracking on the last sentence. I was trying to keep the tears back for as long as I was capable, but it didn't seem to work very well.
"Oh no, what did you do? No matter how bad it is, I'll still try to help. Especially because of what a prick I was keeping the thing about your mom to myself." She asked. I took a deep breath before answering her.

"I decided to go with Leo to you guys' grandparents' house to calm down, and it resulted in me having sex with him and losing my virginity, the other way around too. I woke up this morning and he wasn't even here. He left before I was awake and he didn't even bother leaving a note or anything. I feel so stupid. I'm so fucking stupid." I cried out.

"Okay, stay on this call with me while I drive out there. I can't believe that jerk! What a fucking asshole. I know he's my cousin and all that, but you deserve way better than that behavior." Olivia explained. I wiped away the tears that slid down my cheeks quickly.

I got up and nodded to myself. I got dressed as the first thing and got up and left the bedroom to go and check the kitchen if there were any signs of anything he left behind.

"Right, so I may have hooked up with Derek too. Last night. And it may not be the first time." Olivia suddenly blurted out on the other line. That made me confused thinking of the girl he had a giant crush on. Maybe that was her all along.

"I kinda expected that. Derek's had a thing for you forever." I told her.

"Don't tell him I said that though," I added.

I could hear a faint giggle and I walked around the house, looking around and seeing the books and old photos around there.

"Though it's gross that you guys fucked in my grandparents' old house, I hope it was worth it. You know... losing your virginity there and with him and—"

"I feel so stupid now. It made me feel great, yes, but he's such a fucking prick." I said and shook my head, putting the call on speaker while placing my phone on the table and sitting down on the couch.

"I'm like twenty or fifteen minutes away, I hope you can wait for just a bit more—oh—I think I just ran down something—"

"What?" I asked, really confused.