Chap. 6

When we got to the party it had gotten dark outside, and you could hear the music from a long distance. There were so many people it felt like a blur, and I felt scared all of a sudden. My grip on Olivia's hand tightened and I looked over at the two boys beside us. There was drink everywhere, it smelled sour and salty, and the party lights going everywhere in my eyes almost made me blind.

"Oh! I see someone I know, I'll be right back, stay here." Olivia said and ran away from me, into someone's arms, and then I couldn't see more of her. I was about to turn to my side and say something to Derek and Leo but they were already gone. Leaving me all alone somewhere I don't know. I sat down on a couch I found in another room after walking for a while.

"Who are you?" Some guy asked me, yelling loudly for me to be able to hear him. I looked up at him and quickly stood up, scared I did something wrong to someone I don't even know. "Uh... Deliah. I'm here with my cousin... uh Derek?" I yelled back at him.

"I don't think I know someone called Uh Derek. Unfortunately." He joked. I let out a nervous sigh and the guy sat down beside me when I sat down again.
"My name's Landon. It's nice to meet you, Delilah." He leaned in and whispered.

It was nice being able to hear him without having to yell. "It's Deliah." I corrected him.

"My mistake. Who are you here with? Just your brother?" Landon continued asking me.

"No, I'm here with his friend and his friend's cousin, who's basically my friend now but that doesn't matter. He's an asshole, not my brother's friend's cousin! Just my brother's friend. He's not my brother, actually. He's my cousin but we've always been raised as siblings." I ranted and only noticed I kept talking for so long when I stopped.

I hid my face in my hands in embarrassment. Landon let out a laugh and shook his head with a chuckle. "You're so cute." He commented.

I laughed with him nervously. "Thank you."

"So, how come I haven't seen you around before? If you were Derek's sister I think I would've known who you are. Though you just popped up now." Landon said and chuckled.

"Right... I'm not very social. I'm not the best at making friends and I'm already very nervous sitting here and talking to you so." I admitted.

"Nothing to be nervous about. I already like you." Landon answered and smiled, coming closer with his body so our hands almost were touching. I panicked and backed away.

I looked around to see if there were any signs of Derek or Olivia, but looking in front of me was Leo sitting on another couch further away from us, but looking straight through me with a bottle of vodka in his hand. I looked back at Landon and slowly got up, feeling my ass still hurting.

"I'm sorry but there's something I have to go and sort out. I hope we can meet sometime again, but we probably won't." I yelled to him. He laughed and nodded his head in agreement. He'd been laughing a lot now. I got over to Leo and sat beside him, being careful not to hurt myself again.

"Can we talk?" I yelled over the music.

"What?"

"Can we talk?" I repeated myself.

"I can't hear you."

"Ugh." I sighed and grabbed his arm, forcing him to get up and find an exit, getting out of there with him in a hurry, feeling how drunk he was and that he wasn't even able to balance himself. We got out to the back of the house and sat on the grass across from each other.

"I want to know what the secret was you wanted to tell me earlier," I said. He smiled.

"You really want to know?" Leo answered and laughed at me. My brows furrowed and I pushed his shoulder harshly.

"Yes, I do. Tell me." I said and waited for him to respond, though it took time for him to even open his mouth. It was like his brain was working backward. It was a bit worrying but it was Leo, so I couldn't really care less.

"A little birdie with the name Derek told me I wasn't allowed to tell anyone, but here I am. No good for me, Deliah." He shook his head and ran a hand down his face.

"Whoever originally gave birth to you is dead, unfortunately, or not. I don't know. Anyway..." Leo was about to carry on but I put my hand up as a let's take a break.

"She's dead?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't know if I was sad or okay or what I was actually feeling. Everything felt like a punch in my stomach.

Leo put a hand up to his throat and pretended to slit it. "Muerto, baby."

If he wasn't drunk, I'd have killed him for his ignorance but I couldn't blame his brain for being somewhere else when he looked like he was about to throw up everywhere.

"Let me continue. Your aunt and Christopher want to adopt you after they heard the news. I don't get why they're doing it after so long you've lived with them but who am I to get involved." He explained and laid down on the grass.
That was why Derek was calling me her sister so often and so suddenly, and Aunt Cherie was acting like I was her daughter. It all made sense. I couldn't believe no one told me.

"Who was that boy?" Leo questioned and sat up again.
"No one," I answered and put my knees up to my face, keeping my legs together with my hands wrapped around them.

"You talked to him for too long, beautiful. I don't believe you. Do you like him? Who is he?"

"I don't know him, now quit the questions," I commanded and let go of my legs to kick his feet.
"I'll quit when you answer first." Leo snapped back at me. I sighed frustrated because I didn't even know how to answer him.

"I don't like him, I barely know him. I just know his name is Landon and he somehow knows Derek. That's all the information I got before I saw your drunk ass staring at me." I gave him what he wanted and replied.

"Does he kiss better than me?"

"Leo, I haven't even kissed him and the last time we kissed we were like thirteen or something. I barely remember it." I reminded him.
"Then kiss me again. I'll make it your best one. I promise." He begged and grabbed my arm and started clinging to me. I sighed again.

I ran my fingers through his thick dark hair, hearing his groan made me get butterflies for an odd reason I couldn't talk about.
"I don't like seeing you with other guys. Me and Derek only." He mumbled into my arm.

"I'll get a boyfriend someday. You can't escape it." I told him. Leo removed himself from my arm and put a hand on my mouth, getting up.

"I think I'm gonna puke." He told me.

"Are you kidding me? I was just saying!—"

"I mean it!" Leo interrupted me and I got up immediately, finding the closest bush with him by my side, and when I finally dragged him the whole way with me, he wasn't able to keep it in anymore and puked so much I was scared all his organs were going to fall out soon.

It was like it never ended, and I felt bad and scared for him.
"Let's get you home, shall we?" I asked and pulled him away from the bush.

"Your home, gorgeous."

______

I love the tension and jealousy between the two of them, aaaaah! I hope you do to, if you do please leave a comment and let me know because I need as much feedback I can get. And when I mean MUCH I really mean MUCH. Don't hold yourself back lmao.

What's your favorite thing about one of the characters? And who do you ship and who not? If you have any questions, I'll gladly answer any of them.

Oh and please please please vote!

I hope you're all doing well and holding up with how things are in life right now. I love you if you needed to be reminded that I care for you and I want the best as possible for all of you. I love you so much.