Chap. 4

I scrolled through my messages on my phone and sat up, hearing the front door downstairs, open. I sneaked down the stairs, peeking my head out and seeing a girl and Leo enter. She was gorgeous, and I was hoping that it was the girl that Derek had a crush on. They would make cute children together.

She was beautiful, not very tall but had freckles printed all over her face. She had nice big plump lips and braces on her teeth. Her blond hair complimented her light skin color and she was rocking the green dress that went to her knees with flowers all over it.

"What are you looking at?" I jumped at the sound of Chris behind me. I turned my head and offered him a smile, trying to not seem as suspicious as I did.

"I'm just checking to see who came in, that's all," I said. Together we nodded our heads at each other awkwardly and he put his arm around my neck to pull me away from the stairs and to the front door.

"No! Chris—" I tried to fight back until we were in front of the three people standing at the door. "Deliah wants to join your party."

I crossed my arms over my chest until I realized what I looked like, I ran a hand down my hair to make it look less frizzy and pulled my sweatpants further up so they weren't hanging on my hips anymore.
"Well, she's always welcome too," Derek said.

"You didn't exactly invite me here," I responded with a scoff. He rolled his eyes and gave my shoulder a push. "Don't be dramatic,"

Christopher patted my back and backed away. "Be nice to her!" He yelled at the boys. Derek rolled his eyes and turned back to the girl and Leo. I cleared my throat, making it obvious that I wanted an introduction.

Derek looked over at me, my eyes pointing at her. "Oh! Right. This is Olivia, she's Leo's cousin. Gorgeous, isn't she?" He winked at me.

"You're so fucking cheesy that even Olivia finds it awkward." Leo joined in on the conversation. I hadn't had proper girlfriends before, because of my lack of social abilities.

Again, I wasn't the most popular in high school. Going to college soon, and I knew goddamn well that things did not look good for me. I stuck my hand out for her to shake it, but she was about to pull me in for a hug.

"Oh..." I laughed nervously and was about to hug her this time, but she stuck her hand out instead. She laughed out loud and put her hand down, pulling me in for a tight hug.

"You're Deliah, right? Derek's little sister?" Olivia asked me. I pulled away and was about to correct her about being his little sister, but Derek cut me off and Olivia rested her hand on my shoulder.
"Yup. Isn't she cute? She got it from me." Derek answered for me. I was confused about the whole sister thing, also Aunt called me her daughter. It was nice but sudden too, which worried me.

My eyebrows furrowed and I rolled my eyes, noticing that Olivia hadn't moved her arm away from my neck. Maybe she could be my first girlfriend, I would love that. Lost in my thoughts, my eyes suddenly snapped to Leo's. It seemed like he had been looking at me for quite some time now, I just hadn't noticed.

'Morning beautiful' he mouthed to me as Olivia and Derek were talking. I rolled my eyes at him and forced them away allowing myself to breathe again. Roll your eyes at me again, I dare you.

"Stop acting dumb for a moment. Deliah, do you want to come with us? We're going to a friend's house with a few other people." Olivia asked me. I looked at Derek and he shook his head at me as a big no.

"You can say the word party, Olivia. You won't get killed." Leo snapped at her. Olivia turned to him and rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to me again.