Chap. 5

We had settled down at a restaurant when it had gotten late. We showed Olivia around town for a long time, showing her the best stores and names of smaller towns around ours. She seemed impressed since she lived in a big city away. I asked her why she chose to spend her time here, in a useless town instead, she said that she needed a break in between times sometimes.

She had already filled up a big plastic bag with things she had bought from here as a souvenir.

At the restaurant, we'd easily gotten a table for four, and I settled down with Olivia beside me.

Across me was Derek and in front of me was Leo. Whenever I looked at him, the question was still wandering around in my mind. What did he know? Why do I want to know now? Why does it feel so off, now that he told me he knows something I don't?

I felt too nauseous to even eat. Though Derek didn't waste any time ordering everything from the menu, Leo ordered a pizza to share with Olivia. My head felt all over the place, and I wished his words didn't affect me like that. I looked up as my eyes met his, he winked at me with a smirk I wanted to rip off.

A waiter came over with their orders and placed the pizza in the middle of the table and the rest of Derek's order at his side of the table, then a water bottle for me.

"We should go to the beach when we're done, to waste the time we have left of the party," Derek suggested.

"That's actually a great idea," Olivia said and munched on a piece of the pizza. I nodded my head and looked at my phone, grabbing it and putting it under the table so no one would see what I was up to.

Me: hey! I was just wondering if Aunt Cherie told you that secret she told me not to tell anyone about? Just so I know who knows about it.

Chris: not allowed to say anything, Deliah!

What does he mean by that he's not allowed to say anything? So they are hiding something from me? That means Derek must know too.

"What are you doing, Deliah?" Leo's voice made my eyes snap up and see them all looking at me. I licked my dry bottom lip and chuckled.

"What do you mean, what I'm doing? I'm on the internet like any other normal person would be." I responded, trying to sound as casual as possible.
"You haven't been answering for like... ten minutes now?" Derek remarked.

I looked over at Olivia as a sign for her to help me get out of whatever situation the two of them were putting me in. "Oh god, this is so spicy! Aah! Fire!" Olivia began yelling out.

"Yes! Fire!" I started going with it too. She got up and grabbed my wrist, forcing me up from my seat. I stood up and she walked away and out of the restaurant, pulling me with her. When we got outside, she sighed and took a deep breath after.
"Why are they so suspicious of you?" Olivia asked me. At least I knew that she didn't know whatever it was I didn't know either.

"They know something I don't and I just know they won't tell me. Do you know anything?"

"No, sorry. But ask Leo! He totally has a soft spot for you. He's had a crush on you since we were kids. I never knew what was so special about you back then, but now that I've met you I do! You're a total goddess." She informed me.

"Yeah, right. He was the one telling me he knows something and now he won't tell me!" I told her. Olivia's eyebrows went up.

"That's so odd. I wonder what it is. You need to get both of them drunk at the party, then they'll definitely tell us."

"I don't even think we have to do anything for them to get drunk." I joked.

"Yeah, they'll get that job done on their own!" She laughed out and slapped my arm gently. I laughed with her for over ten minutes, and my cheeks and stomach began hurting.