Chap. 9

I'd been sleeping for too long, knowing that my neck hurt when I woke up because of how I'd been laying down in the car.
"Are we there yet?" I muttered and sat back up in my seat, looking over at Leo.

"Mhm, we're here. I just wanted you to sleep it out while you were at it. Let's go." He said and got out of the car, quickly coming to my side of the car and opening the door for me.

I stepped out and held onto his arm and my other hand on his chest when I was about to fall because I stepped on a stone that made me lose my balance. I looked around and saw the sand and the waves, then the beach house closer.
"What are we doing here?" I asked and looked back at Leo. He was grinning from ear to ear while looking down at my hand placement. I realized and removed my hands quickly.

"This is my grandparents' old beach house. I wanted to bring you here so you could get some peace. I thought that was what you needed." Leo explained and began walking toward the house with the yellow and blue walls.

"Thank you for telling me. I'm glad someone told me the truth. Though I would've preferred if it was anyone but you." I admitted to him.

He laughed in response.

"Anyone but me."

"Anyone but you."

We walked up the few small stairs and Leo grabbed some keys out of his pocket, fiddling with them and unlocking the white door with the windows planted on it. There was a creak when he walked in, and I followed from behind. He closed the door behind me, and I looked closer inside. There were many fake plants, a lot of bookshelves with colorful books, and a few baby pictures.

My curiosity got the best of me, so I walked over to the blue couch and studied the picture frames that were on a table next to the couch. I grabbed it in my hands and brought it closer so I could examine it.
"Ah. You've found the baby pics." Leo said awkwardly. I turned around with the picture in my hands and smiled at him.

"You and Olivia, am I right?" I asked. He nodded and stepped closer to me.

"Yeah. We were inseparable when we were kids." He admitted and removed the hairs that covered my face with his fingers gently. While he was touching me like this, I was thinking about the girl on his wallpaper, and if he had changed it after I asked him about it.

"Can you check the time?" I asked, even though there was a clock on the wall behind me. He nodded and took his phone out, I could get a sneak peek of his phone and saw that it was changed. Now it was just all black.

I studied his facial expressions, the way his eyebrows were shaped, his jawline, his eye color, his pale cheeks, everything about him was interesting. When he looked up to meet my eyes, I was instantly embarrassed and looked away, trying to shake it off and walk over to the other doors.
There were two bedrooms and one bathroom. One of the bedrooms was a double bed and curtains with a light shade of yellow. There was a dusty nightstand with a candle placed on it.

"We could sleep here together, if you'd like," I flinched when I heard Leo's voice behind me and turned to look at him. He was balancing on the doorframe and eyeing my body. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. One of his stupid tricks again. I walked out and back into the living room, hoping to get some peace until—

"Deliah?" Leo shouted after me. I turned around to face him and he was way closer than I had expected him to be. So close, that I could hear his breathing.

His hand went to my cheek, then down to the side of my throat as he gently stroked it as pulled me closer.
"I finally have you for myself, do you know how long I've wanted that? I've been making it so fucking clear that I want you, that I'm desperate to touch and feel you." Leo said and brought our faces closer until our noses were brushing against each other.