Chapter 24// Forgotten

Guys there are more plot twists coming

mind=blown

To those of you who read the unfinished chapter 24, keep scrolling cuz I added some content ;$

"I hope you're happy, Ashton," I say. "I hope you're fucking happy."

He takes a step towards me, mouth open to say something else, but I put up my hands to stop him.

"Don't come near me again. Both of you," I tell Ashton, my voice breaking. "I don't want to see you ever again."

Then I grab my little brother's wrist and force him away from my manipulative dick of an ex boyfriend. Ashton doesn't dare follow; just watches us leave.

Once we've escaped outside, we have to wait a few minutes for Hailey to arrive. By the time I get in her car, I'm miserable and speechless, and she doesn't ask any more of me. She just takes me home and gives me a hug before I go inside.

My mother isn't home yet. And that worries me.

I really hope she's being taken care of.

By the first hour, I'm walking circles around and around in my bedroom, sometimes crying, sometimes screaming into my pillow. I've never felt so helpless in my entire life. I wish I could call Luke to tell him how shitty my day have been. But if I think of him, I'll think of Ashton, then my dad, and it'll make everything worse. Now I realize it was a waste of time to think I could get revenge. It's obviously a failure now. It's over. Done. No more revenge plan. And it hasn't even been a month.

By the second hour, I've taken out my sketchbook and mindlessly draw the furniture in my house, on the couch beside my little brother. Cam begins to wail about the day's turn of events: he's frustrated that he couldn't spend more time with his father. He whines that he didn't even get to buy the milkshakes.

I try with every being in my body not to snap at him.

...

Wednesday. It's Wednesday, and from the second I wake up my footsteps are heavy and my eyes are droopy as I dread the day ahead. My mother still hasn't come home, and I swallow the feeling of panic and worry, focusing on sending a whining Cam to school. Holding tears back myself, I finally drive to class.

Thankfully, there's a school-wide assembly that wastes two periods of the school day. (So to my luck,I don't have to face either Ashton, Logan or Luke.) The students are ushered into the gymnasium, and crowded onto the bleachers, waiting for the assembly to begin. I sit with Hailey, Brooke and Kiera, the only three people I trust completely.

The assembly begins with our principal reminding us of the 2015 Spring trip. The event is an overnight field trip arranged every year, with a different location for every age group. They got more and more bland as you went up a grade. Last year, the freshmen and sophomores visited Chicago, the juniors to Downtown Toronto and the seniors were taken to Niagara Falls.

The crowd buzzes with excitement, curious to see where they'd be taken for the biggest event of the year.

And no thanks to my luck: it's at this moment that Luke is called to the front of the gym to make the announcement. The crowd cheers with approval, watching him appear from the bleachers.

"Hello, is this thing working?" He says awkwardly, tapping the mike. For a second there, he almost looks familiar, like the normal Luke. But then he flashes his radiant smile and begins to talk. By the sound of his voice, the entire crowd seems mesmerized. Not one of us speaks a word.

"Hi," he says smugly into the mike. "I was called here to announce where we are going this year."

"So..."he starts. "This year, the freshmen are going to... Orlando Park."