Chapter 33// Irresistable

So, it's Friday morning. 12 AM in Canada :D

Usually I update at night, but I'm going to be busy today so here's the early chapter 33 XD

But the picture at the side

Omg what if this is what Logan looks like

(I actually decided not to cast him, though, because I want you guys to 'imagine'. I just thought the guy was hot :D)

Yeah, so enjoy the chapter I guess!

hehe

There's one thing that keeps repeating in my head, despite what I've just found out.

Luke called me the girl he's falling for.

I look up at Luke, who's completely oblivious to my thoughts.

Is that why you were avoiding me?

Were you that nervous to talk to me?

His hand grasps my arm, scrutinizing my shocked face. I think he's asking me what's wrong.

"Stop crying, why are you crying?" Luke asks again. His hand strokes my cheek, taking the tears away with it.

"I'm not," I say, looking towards the ceiling to flush the tears away. "I'm just frustrated."

"Why?" Luke demands, his lean fingers deftly reaching for the notebook in my hand. I let him read what I've just read. When he's finished, he looks up at me with an unreadable expression. "Uh...I made out with some girl. So what?" I can see that his cheeks are flushing furiously. His hand leaves my face.

"No, that's not the frustrating part. You thought it was her. But you kissed the wrong girl," I tell him.

Luke's posture stiffens, his lips parting in surprise. The sheets on the bed are crumpled in his fists, ruining the perfect hospital corners the nurses leave for him every morning.

And then I hear the name I thought I'd never hear him say again, blurted from his lips. "Jade, what the fuck are you talking about?! That was you, wasn't it?" Luke says abruptly. Realizing what he's just said, he slaps his hand over his mouth.

My limbs go numb as I stare at him, open-mouthed. My tears are already dry on my face. "What...did you just call me?"

"Fuck," Luke mutters guiltily. "Fuckfuckfuckfuck." He squeezes his eyes shut, drawing his hand over his face.

I pull it off right away, so I can see his expression. He gives me a sheepish smile. "Uh...hi."

"What's going on?" I demand. "You know who I am? You remember me?"

"Uh...you see...." Luke laughs nervously. "I've known for a while now."

"You've known for how long?!"

Luke seems to shrink in on himself, eyeing me carefully. "A few days."

"A few days?" I let out a sigh of frustration. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

Luke blushes. He looks terrified of himself.

"I...um," he begins. "I don't know why." Then a wicked grin stretches over his face. "I just don't remember."

"I'm not joking," I say and smack him, despite the fact that he's still recovering.

"Okay, okay," Luke puts up his hands in defeat. "To be honest, I just wanted the same thing as you." We both look down at our hands, entwined together, and I notice now, how the curve of my body fits into his. Our chests rise and fall in unison.