Chapter 31// Anemic

So whenever I get less comments/votes than usual, I always feel like I did something wrong or the chapter wasn't good enough :3

Can you guys tell me what the last chapter lacked? Or what was good and wasn't good? :/ Sorry bout that

Logan makes my mood change like the seasons. He can make you go from happy to angry in seconds, and from crying to laughing in even a shorter period. He's doing that to me now, when I need it the most.

"Shhh," I blush furiously, narrowing my eyes at Logan. "He'll wake up."

"But Harper, I have to," he mocks my new name, holding back laughter.

"Stop," I hiss, punching him in the gut.

Logan grabs my fist in his hands, smirking. "Admit it, Jade. You love him," He leans down and whispers in my ear, his breath tickling my skin. The word 'love' sends a million more shivers down my spine.

"Stop it," Luke says suddenly, making us break apart. His sunken eyes are wide open, a lighter shade of blue than usual.

He looks like an ice prince. With pale eyelashes and pasty skin, always dressed in sleeveless band tees and black skinny jeans. Today, he looks lankier than usual.

On the other hand, Logan is rugged, his skin tan from hours spent outside, dark hair bleached from the sunlight. He's wearing ripped jeans and a collared shirt. In other words, he looks like an Abercrombie model while Luke looks like a childish version of Jack Frost, and tied to a bed.

But Logan is rough. He's a player. Sympathetic, but also selfish. Then there's Luke, who is mysterious, naive, sometimes cold, and sometimes a pushover, but incredibly selfless. Or, at least Old Luke was like that, anyway. I don't know if he's still the same.

"What, mate?" Logan asks him, his hand perched around my waist.

"I don't like you touching her," Luke whimpers.

"Finally remembered who I am?" Logan asks with a smirk.

"No," Luke says in a confused tone. "I don't know why I said that. I just remember that I don't like you and her together. I don't know."

He closes his eyes and slows his breathing. Then we know he's out again.

"What the hell?" Logan laughs. "Little Hemmings is jealous."

"Yeah, yeah." I sigh.

"Right," he says, as if remembering something. "What are you planning to do, with the new name and everything?"

"I wanted to talk to him as Harper, his 'old friend'. Not as Jade Thornton, for once, you know?"

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense," he replies with a nod.

We would've probably talked for longer, but we're suddenly distracted by a commotion coming from outside.

"Where's my son?" A male voice booms behind the door, and footsteps begin to ring through the hallway. The nurses shout something, the male booms back, and the doors crash open.

Luke's father stands by the doorway.

"What happened?" He demands, his eyes softening once he sees his son.

"We don't know yet," I explain. "We're still waiting for him to talk."

Mr. Hemmings' eyes are entirely focused on Luke. He doesn't leave his sight for a second as he sits on my stool. And we sit there, for about half an hour, not exchanging a single word. Just watching Luke.