Chapter 4// Act One

By the end of the day, Luke ends up with an entire replacement of his closet. Blouses, vests, sweatpants, jackets, tank tops, sweaters, then jeans, jeans, and even more jeans. We'd raided 90% of the male stores in the mall.

Sitting Luke down on a bench, I let him take a moment to regain his energy. "How are you not tired?" He asks in amazement as he practically faints into the chair.

"It takes skill."

I observe Luke from head to toe while he fiddles with his new clothes, some of which he is currently wearing and is completely Jade-approved. "Hmmm. Now, for your hair...." I reach up to toussel his locks, and he frowns.

"I don't want to cut my hair," he protests like a six-year old, which makes me toussel his hair even more. Luke shrieks.

"Don't worry, I'll just teach you how to style it every morning."

"Okay, if you say so....."

"So...are you ready now? Wanna leave?"

Luke nods. He starts to gather up his million bags of clothes. Before he could stand up, though;

"Sit back down!!" I hiss, jerking Luke's wrist down so hard he falls down right beside me.

"Ow!" He whispers. "What was that for....?"

"Ashton is over there....with that slut he was sleeping with," I huff, forcing him to face me when he tries to look for Ashton.

"Pretend not to notice!" I hiss in his face, invading so much of his personal space that he looks uncomfortable. When he tries to move away, I get even closer.

"Okay, okay....." He mumbles. "You're too close to me."

But I barely hear what he's saying. "Is he coming? Look in the corner of your eye."

"Yeah, Right around the corner. I think....I think he saw you."

"Good." A grin stretches across my lips. "Tell me when he's close." I know I've got a few seconds to make an impression on Ashton, something that will make him angry to see me again. I rack my brain for ideas that don't come, no matter how much I try. It's incredibly humiliating. What happened to the witty, smooth, and sly Jade Thornton I once knew?

"Jade, he's here." Luke whispers in my ear. But I still have no idea what to do.

"They're looking at you." Luke says. There is a short pause as he stares at me. "Quick, teach me how to 'style' my hair."

It doesn't make sense at first, but soon, I know exactly what he means.

Now I see Ashton in my view, the girl literally hanging off his arm. He tries to give me the same pathetic look he gives me every day at school. But his eyes change to confused and curious when he sees me sitting practically on top of the blond boy. He probably doesn't recognize Luke after the geek-to-chic makeover.

But there is no time to think, this is my moment to shine.

I lean in towards Luke, so close I could see a freckle above his eyebrow. This time, he manages to look comfortable and a little less awkward.

I run my fingers through his locks, agonizingly slow. "Your hair looks sexy pushed back." I grin seductively.

"You think?" Luke flirts effortlessly.

"Yeah, maybe try a little quiff right here....I think that'd look really good on you." I keep one hand in Luke's hair while touching his jaw with the other. I could feel Ashton's gaze burning into my back and feel nothing but sweet, sweet revenge.