1

Sage Marie Thompson-18

Beep Beep Beep!!!!

I sighed as I hit the stop button on my phone to turn off my alarm.

I sat up putting my back against my head board

Do i really wanna go to school today???

I sighed as I got up and made my way to the bathroom.

"The things i do to keep my parents out of jail" I mumbled to myself closing the bathroom door.

I brushed my teeth and stripped out my clothes getting ready to get in the shower.

"damnit i forgot my phone" I said to myself.

I opened the bathroom door and looked around to see if anyone was around.

Seeing that the coast was clear I quickly ran back to my room and grabbed my phone off the charger and ran out my room.

As I was running I hit my toe on the doorway causing my to trip. I got up and ran limping back to the bathroom.

I sat my phone down and looked in the mirror.

"What would I do without you guys?" I said grabbing my boobs in my hands.

I smiled grabbing my phone and opening Spotify. I played my morning playlist and got in the shower.

After I finished showering, i wrapped myself in a towel and made my way back to my room.

My room door opened causing my to look at the door through my mirror.

"Epps Sage fè vit" (hurry up) My mom said peeking her head in

"ok mommy" I said.

I started to rush while getting ready which made me irritated because did she not see me getting ready. Living in a Caribbean household ain't easy I can tell you that much.

My mom is Haitian and my dad is Guyanese. They both came to America when the were young. They grew up and got married had my Older sister ,Emily, and I. My sister grew up and became a doctor not that she likes it but don't let my parents hear that. Imagine the expectations I have to live up to.

I finished putting on my lotion then I went to my closet.

"hmm i'm feeling very chill today so let's go with you..you...and you" I said to myself grabbing my outfit for today.

After I finished getting ready i looked at the time seeing that it was 6:15

After I finished getting ready i looked at the time seeing that it was 6:15. School started at 7 and i lived 15 minutes away but I also had to pick up my best friend today so I really had to get going.

I went behind my picture that hung up on my wall and grabbed my cart. I then grabbed my keys, charger, airpods, laptop and my backpack .

I put my cart in my bra cause if my parents found out I smoked then it was back to the Motherland i go. If someone ever told you they live in a Caribbean household sober then they lying through they teeth.