Concert in a Can

Corbyn prov

outfit

(in the main school hallway)

(Marcus is playing an electric guitar while Adam, Chase and I watch in awe)

Adam: Oh, sweet! Look at your fingers go! It's like each one has a little brain of its own.

Marcus: Thanks. You know, you guys are the only people who have talked to me at this school. I hate being the new kid.

Chase: Yeah, we used to be the new kids that no one talked to. Now we're just the vaguely familiar kids that no one talks to.
Corbyn: People talk to me.

(Leo walks up to them)

Leo: Hey, peeps. What's the deal-io?

Marcus: Hi. I'm Marcus.

Leo: I know. We have gym together. And study hall. And also chemistry. We're lab partners.

Marcus: Oh. I... did not know that. Chase, you ever play guitar?

Chase: No, but I've always wanted to.

Leo: Well, I'm a jammer as well. My rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling.

Chase: Leo, your mom said you played the clarinet for three weeks until you swallowed the reed.

Leo: I passed it.

Marcus: Here, Chase. You wanna give it a go?

Chase: W-- yeah—yeah. Sure. Why not?

(Chase scans the guitar with his bionic eye and starts playing it at an expert level, jumping from the bench to the floor while shredding it. He stops after a bit and gets off the floor, embarrassed, handing the guitar quickly back to Marcus)

Chase: Uh... What do you know? Beginner's luck.

...

(in the school cafeteria)

Marcus: So me and my dad moved around a lot. I was homeschooled for most of my life.

Adam: No way! So were we! We are so similar! Do you have a third nipple too?

Chase: Anyway... That's a pretty sweet guitar, Marcus.

Marcus: Yeah, and you're a natural, bro! Guys! We should start a band!

Adam: Oh, that's a great idea!

(Adam starts drumming the sticks rhythmically on the table)

Adam: But what would I play? Oh, I got it! No, I don't got it.

Marcus: I think you're gonna be our drummer, Adam.

Adam: Hmm. Interesting choice. I had been pondering the French horn.
Marcus: What about you Corbyn?
Corbyn: No thanks I am already in a band.