chapter 14

You woke up and saw Ni-ki not there. You pouted but soon got up and got dressed.

Um I can't be bothered to find clothes so um just imagine your clothes?

You went in the kitchen and ate an apple then went to the bus stop to catch a ride to the village. When you reached there you went into the café and started working. While you were taking orders you saw some men walking past the window of the café then you heard whispers around you. You froze in place so did the men. Did they hear it too? They seemed hypnotised...

The necklace you got from that mermaid started burning and you grabbed at it harshly trying to ease the pain. You closed your eyes and breathed for a second while the pain eased.

When you reopened your eyes the guys had already walked off. You shook your head and went back to work.

After work you locked up the café and turned around then leaned your back on the door while you took a deep breath. You heard a child scream with shouts from what seemed to be villagers? But when you looked around their was nothing...

You carried on following the noise. It was already dark out but you really wanted to know what was happening... like the wise old saying said "curiousty killed the cat"

You felt a tap on your shoulder and flinched, snapping out your trance.

You slowly turned around and saw a familiar face.

Y/n: Heeseung? What are you doing here?
Heeseung: I was at the book shop better question why are you here?
Y/n: I was working
Heeseung: but the café and school is the other way?

You heard the shouts and screams louder.

Y/n: do you hear that?
Heeseung: hear what? Are you okay y/n? Are you imagining things?
Y/n: no I swear it's real atleast I think...
Heeseung: why don't we go home and you can tell me what happened hm?

You looked to where the sound was coming from and hesitantly nodded.

Y/n: okay...

With that you and Heeseung walked back to the school. The whole time you were explaining what happened with the men and the necklace burning you then the screams and shouts of villagers.

When you reached home you layed down on the couch and rubbed your head, annoyed.

Heeseung came over and sat next to you.

Heeseung: y/n?
Y/n: yes?

You sat up and now your faces were close.

Heeseung slowly leaned forward and connected his lips with yours. You kissed back forgetting about what happened earlier.

After a while you guys caught your breaths and smiled at each other.

Heeseung: I love you y/n...

He caressed your cheek while you melted at his touch.

Soon you went back to your room and Heeseung went back to reading in his room.

You sat down and wrote what happened today in your journal about the supernatural. You were sure that it had something to do with them. You had to talk to Akari and Hana again though... but they were at the other end of the campus. You sighed and layed down in your bed.

You opened your drawer and saw a bit of paper with the names Akari and Hana phone numbers with their numbers underneath. You thanked God they left you their numbers. You entered them into your phone quickly then texted them.

They soon replied and you guys talked for ages. You explained what happened today and they said the supernatural have become more active lately... something to do with a festival or tradition in the village that's coming up? Apparently once a year the humans and supernatural come together at the village and talk no fighting and no killing just getting along. You found it quite fishy but just felt like their was a catch.

You asked if there was perhaps a book about the festival and they said they'll drop it off tomorrow. You smiled at your phone. Finally you'll get answers!

~Next day~

You quickly got up and changed then checked the door and saw a book there. You texted the girls a "thank you" then quickly went to your room and read the book.

Nothing was out the ordinary but you realised a few pages had been ripped out almost as if someone or something didn't want others to see...

You noticed a small hole in the cover and grazed your finger over it. Then run your hand over the cover getting suspicious. As you thought a piece of what felt to be folded up paper was in the cover. You pushed it to the small hole and grabbed some tweezers to pull it out.

When you opened it and read it you realised that the festival required a sacrifice of a male and female with a child of any gender. You read on and saw that it was a "peace offering" since the early 1600s to the supernatural so they wouldn't attack the humans.

You thought hard about who could possibly be the sacrifice this time... especially as you found out earlier that it was only in a few days. You wondered how they pick the sacrifices but that didn't really matter you wanted to go there and see what it's all about!

You remembered the boys are vampires so you went and asked them.

Y/n: boys?
En-: yes?
Y/n: the festival that is coming up do you know what exactly it is?
Sunghoon: supernaturals coming together with humans and they basically have this truce for one day only
Y/n: and the sacrifices?
Jay: those get chosen at random... but as along as we stay here we should be fine I hope atleast
Y/n: aw man but I wanted to go
Sunoo: I mean she could come with us but she just would have to stay with one of us at all times!
Jungwon: but do you want to take the risk of losing her?
Jake: what's the most harm it can cause her she'll stick with us anyway!
Ni-ki: I don't have any problem with it... Hyung?
Heeseung: I don't see any reason she can't go but stay close to us

You nodded and smiled at them.