Home

~~~

Trigger Warnings - blood, violence, distress

~~~

Tommy and Tubbo nodded, the later taking Ranboo's hand and the former leading the pair away from the prison.

~~~

Once the trio had disappeared from sight, Skeppy was the first to speak.

"What now?"

It was a simple question, but one an unnecessary one. Everyone knew where this night would end up.

"Why?"

This time the question came from Rune. She didn't directly speak to whom she asked the question, but they all knew who it was addressed to anyways.

"They want Dream in the prison as much as I do." Sam spoke to Rune in a way he hadn't to anyone else that night: carefully and calmly. In fact, he sounded almost ashamed.

"Is that all you care about anymore?" Rune didn't shout to display her anger. She didn't need to, because her clenched fists were enough. And by this point, the pair were less than two feet away from each other.

Sam didn't answer. He hung his head.

"I'm sorry, Rune."

"I'm not the one you need to apologize to."

Sam looked back up to Rune.

"What do you mean?"

It was this single sentence that broke the unspoken truce between the two sides. Rune slammed her fist into Sam's stomach, causing him to buckle over in pain. He swung back reflexively, not caring that his target used to be his best friend. It hit Rune's cheek, breaking her skin and causing scarlet blood to drip down her face.

Techno turned to Skeppy and drew a new blade. Phil and Bad circled each other with careful steps. And the night erupted into battle.

Rune drew her chipped knife, cherishing the familiarity of the blade.

"Rune?" For the first time, Sam sounded scared.

But Rune didn't respond. But she did swing her blare at Sam's arm. He moved mostly out of the way of the sharp dagger, but it still managed to catch his shirt and some of his skin. Sam held his trident tighter and swung it at Rune. She caught the blunt shaft and twisted it out of his hand. The weapon hit the ground as Rune stepped forward once again.

She flipped her blade in her hand, watching with glee as her opponent retreated once more.

"Rune! You don't have to do this."

"Why not?" It was Rune's turn to growl. "You betrayed me."

"No, I..." Sam trailed off when he saw Rune sneer. "I didn't mean to."

"You didn't mean to what? To hurt my friends, your friends? To traumatize your boyfriend? To kidnap a child?"

"I had to."

"You better have a better explanation than that."

Sam sighed. Rune wasn't going to let this go.

"To keep Dream in the prison. Everything I did, everything I regret, was done to keep Dream in the prison."

"And what if he doesn't deserve to be there?"

Sam looked confused.

"Of course he deserves it."