Chapter 7

Josephine sighed, entering Henry's house only to feel her nephew Oliver crashing into her. "Merry Christmas Ollie!" She smiled, kneeling down to him, "how is my favorite guy?"

He laughed, hugging her neck, "Auntie Joey! Did you bring me a present?"

"Oliver!" His mother, Alison came into the living room.

Josephine laughed, "it's fine Allie." She looked down at Oliver as she stood up, "of course I did little man. Let me finish getting the stuff from the car." She went back outside to the trunk of the car, seeing Henry coming out to help. "Hey Merry Christmas Harry."

He smiled, kissing her on the cheek, "you too." He looked at the stuff in the trunk, "think you brought enough?"

She shrugged, "I don't have any kids, and I may never have any. So let me spoil my nephew and soon to be niece."

Henry groaned, following her inside, "you could still have kids Joey. Don't say that."

She sighed, "it is what it is Harry. I'm fine." She sat down as she watched Oliver claim his presents.

Henry sat next to her, "how's it going with seeing Chris?"

She groaned, "not great actually. But I'm okay. I've been invited to his New Year's Eve party."

He scoffed, "you're not going though, are you?"

She shrugged, "I don't actually know. Scott offered me a date to make Chris jealous."

"Ugh, Joey. I don't like the idea of you being around him this much. I don't even know why you agreed to take the job to begin with."

She sighed, "I don't know why either. He seems intent on torturing me. Telling me he still loves me. I told him about the baby."

Henry placed his hand on hers, "what did he say."

She rested her head back on the couch, "he didn't say much, but I could see he was devastated. I feel bad that maybe I should've at least told him about the baby sooner."

He shook his head, "you don't owe him anything Joey. He made his bed. He deserves to lie in it. Alone."

She grabbed his hand, "I know." She looked at him, "but that doesn't mean I don't still love him."

He sighed, resting his head on hers, "I know you do love. I'm sorry. Do you want something to drink?"

She nodded as her phone buzzed with a message from an unknown number.

Unknown
I left a box for you at your apartment

Who is this?

Unknown
. . .
My heart is yours💙

She groaned, staring at her phone. She watched three dots appear and disappear a few times before completely disappearing. She put her phone away as Henry came back with a drink for her.

💔💔💔💔

Josephine saw the small giftbox sitting in front of her door as she returned home. She sighed, picking it up and taking it inside on the coffee table. She changed in pajamas before coming back to the living room, sitting and staring at the box. She finally opened the box to find a heart ornament inside with 'Our First Christmas' etched on it with her and Chris's names underneath. She groaned, putting it back in the box, replacing the lid.

💔****Flashback - 7 years ago****💔

Chris entered the sitting room to find Josephine fiddling on the piano, still in her pajamas. "You need to get dressed love." He walked up behind her, placing a small box on the keys in front of her.

She grabbed the box, turning to face him, "what's this? I thought we were doing presents later."

"I know." He knelt on the ground in front of her, "it's just something small. Open it."

She nodded, opening the box to find a 'Our First Christmas' ornament in the shape of a heart with their names on it. "Aww Chris. I love it. Thank you." She placed it back in the box, wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing him.

He grabbed her waist, "I love you Josephine."

"What?"

He laughed, "I said. I love you. You can't hear me? I can say it louder."

Josephine giggled, hitting him gently in the shoulder, "I heard you, you jerk. I love you too. You never said it before."

He heard her squeal as he pulled her down on the floor with him. "I know. But I do. Come on. We need to get dressed for my mom's house."

She groaned, straddling him on the floor. "Do we have to get dressed?"

He moaned as she pulled off her shirt, "Joey. We don't have time."

She giggled, leaning down to him, "we always have time Christopher."

He nodded, flipping her onto her back as he removed her shorts, "right. Who cares if we're a little late." He heard her moan as he thrusted into her, "I love you so much Joey."

She nodded, pulling him down to her, "me too Chris." She moaned as he pressed his lips to hers, feeling his hands gripping hers.

💔****End of flashback****💔

Josephine shook her head, placing the box on a shelf in the living room before going into her room. She crawled into her bed, looking at her phone. She sighed, pulling up Chris's name.

Me too Chris

Chris
❤️💔