Chapter 1 (The Meeting)

The sighs leave my mouth at the sight of files that pile up on my table

The sighs leave my mouth at the sight of files that pile up on my table. Everyday it's the same routine I have to do. Checking our proposal before giving them a green light to proceed with the project. I take the topmost file with my name on the sticky notes they put on it.

    'To our future CEO Mister Jeon Jungkook. Please give us the fair review and we happy to hear your feedback'

    Future CEO? Did they mock me? That is the most impenetrable position that I am trying to reach since working here. That's my position.

    The door opened from outside. "Congratulations boss," Leon said, my most trusted man as soon as he entered my office with the letter in his hand.

    "Thank you," I said even though I did not understand what Leon was talking about.

    Taking a letter from him and reading it before unknowingly my lips curving upwards. The letter that I've been waiting for all my life. The letter from my old grumpy grandfather.

    "Finally. That old man will hand all his wealth to me. The rightful heir," but the smile faded slowly when I read the condition that they gave in order to receive that business. The rage followed down through my vein making me crumpled the paper and threw it on the table.

    "Why Jungkook?" Leon asked. He takes that wrinkle paper. His eyes widen as he reads all the contents. "He wants you to have a child?"

    "He doesn't want me to inherit his business. That's why he come up with this stupid idea," release the heavy breath. It seems I still cannot achieve my dream.

    "But it's not bad to have your own child," Leon's idea invites a glare from me.

    "Not bad? You know how much I hate the concept of a happy family. He also knows it but you see what he is doing? Either way, my life will mess up," runs my finger through the hair. I don't believe in soulmate's ideas.

    "It doesn't have to be happy. You can hire any woman to carry your child and then let the maid take care of the child," Leon came out with the idea.

    "And then let the child suffer just like me?" I added.

    My childhood is not something that I want to talk about. It is full of horror and sad stories. Being adopted by grandfather, the most scary businessman that will get whatever he wants. I didn't get a chance to grow up with my parents because they died in a car accident when I'm only fifteen years old. Mostly, I was raised by the maid.

    "So, you take care of the child if you don't him to suffer like you,"

    "But I don't want the mother. I hate commitment," tried to find the excuses.

    "Jeon Jungkook. Just find a materialistic girl, get married and f*ck her. She delivers the baby and boom, you divorce her," Leon's start to lose his patience. I laughed seeing Leon's face turn red. He tries his best to convince me.