Chapter 4 (White Thing)

As in contract, I have to move in with Jungkook after we get married

As in contract, I have to move in with Jungkook after we get married. No further complaint; I fell in love with this house when I first came. Having time to explore another part of this house, I walk into the open kitchen with half of it occupied by the kitchen counter. A big tall refrigerator standing there waiting for me to take a peek inside it. I caress the handle before grabbing it, ready to open.  

    "Why are you here?" someone asked me the obvious question, and that was Jimin. He leaned his body on the refrigerator’s door; blocked my way.

    "Jungkook asked me to move in," I justified with a smile, but he did not.

    Done with body scanning, Jimin asked, "Your job?"

    Okay, he talks about career, but which one? A nurse or unofficial hooker. He saw me in my hooker uniform, but three inches of makeup sealed my true face. Or not. 

    Stopping fidgeting when realize Jimin is staring at it. I stutter, "Nurse", 

    "Where?" he asks in a monotone, but why does it feel like interrogating? 

    He needs the hospital name. I can give him that, but I can’t remember it. My mind went blank. "Some general hospital in the city," I mumbled.

    He tapped my shoulder, making me flinch. "Relax. I’m not gonna eat you," he assured. A huge exhalation of pent-up breath eases every tense muscle. Jimin gave me a smile after he took a water bottle from the fridge. 

    Handed the bottle to me. He whisper, "But Mr. Jaesuk maybe eat you if he knows your hospital name is White Hart," 

    Choking on my saliva caused me painful coughing after hearing the place’s name. It’s a pub where Alex brought me that night. Aish, he knew that was me and he threatened to reveal the information to Jungkook’s granddad.  

********************

Working with a title husband didn’t feel any different. I love it. My life will never change, regardless of my status. But there is a slightly different topic for discussion today. I asked Leon to search for several good clinics that provide excellent IVF treatment.

    "Why all these clinics cannot provide the treatment right away? Mostly they will do it after three sessions," I queried. A dozen flyers Leon picked up from various clinics laying down on my table. I need to get that treatment done as soon as possible. 

    Leon persuades, "They have to interview you and your wife first, before they can start. But this clinic said they only need one session to interview and do a checkup. Maybe we can try this clinic." Leon handed me a blue flier. 

    "Set the appointment tomorrow," I ordered. 

    The door opened roughly from outside without knocking first, revealing my rude grandfather.