26. 3-1=0

Hoping all of this is just another nightmare for me. I kept shutting my eyes, but when I'd open them, I was still in the car with Jungkook, driving to the hospital.

Now I have to face reality. I could lose Ally anytime, and I didn't have time to see her for the last time. Heavy rain outside makes us travel slower than usual.

Holding back my tears as I don't want to make Jungkook worried. I know he tries his best to drive fast, but the rain keeps pouring on the front window. The thunder slashed through the dark sky.

"Shit." Jungkook stops the car suddenly. He hit the steering. "They closed this way. We have to use the old road." He reversed the vehicle before making a U-turn.

"It will take a long time if we use this way?" I asked. The old road is bumpy, and it is quite pretty dark. No street light at all. This weather and the darkness only add more time for us to reach the hospital.

"Unfortunately, yeah. I'm sorry. I will try my best to speed up." Jungkook replied while his eyes were on the road. The car's light must be on the highest level to see the road.

My phone rang again, but I didn't dare to pick it up this time. What if the hospital calls to tell me that Ally has already died? What if they call me to deliver that bad news? The phone rang several times.

"Babe. Your phone is ringing." Jungkook pointed out. I look at him with my teary eyes. "It's okay. Just answer that. Put it on the loudspeaker." Jungkook understands my gaze.

I press the green button on the screen. I just realized that Jihyo was the caller.

"Why do you call me?" Jihyo asked. Her voice is so calm. It sounds like she just woke up, to be more accurate.

"Did you just wake up? Where are you right now?" I asked if she was at home and didn't know about Ally.

"At the hospital. Night duty for a single person like me." Jihyo sighed, as that always was a fate for people that didn't have a partner or child.

"Did you hear about Ally?" Jungkook asked as I put her on loudspeaker. I bet she doesn't know, or otherwise, she is the one that will call me.

"Nope. But what about her?"

"I got a call from the hospital, and they said Ally was crashing. Now, we are on our way. We take the old road because something happens on the main road. It will take some time. Can you look at her for me?" I cried again. At least with Jihyo beside her, it can ease my worry.

"I'm looking at her right now. She peacefully sleeps with me. What are you talking about? Who calls you in the night and tells this worst story?" Jihyo asked non-stop, making us mute.

Why did they pull a prank like this on me? Whoever plans this, I can voucher this is not funny at all.

"I got the call, but I don't know-"

"Hang up the phone right now." Jungkook suddenly presses the cancel button. "Dail Leon's number. Now!" Jungkook seems worried.

He keeps looking at the rear mirror. I could feel our car speeding as it glued my back to the seat. Holding on to my seatbelt, I try to look at the back. I was turning my head before Jungkook snapped at me.

"Don't look." I immediately turned back my head to him. "Call Leon now. I think someone followed our car." Jungkook's hand gets busy changing the gear while his eyes are busy changing from mirror to road.

"Who are they? Why do they follow us?" I asked while reaching out my hand to dial Leon's number. Is it because they are the same person who called me just now?

I get an unsettled feeling about this. We continue our drive on the dark road that seems to have no end. The rain is getting heavier than earlier, making the line reception poor.

"I can't get Leon." I moved the phone near the window to increase the bar, but nothing changed. At every angle I tried, the result was still the same.

"Someone calls me. Can you take it for me?" Jungkook eyed his right pocket; his handphone must be in there.

Jungkook moves his body a bit to let me slide into his pocket. I am trying to reach the phone without distracting his focus on the road. Finally, I can feel my finger touch something hard before I grab it to bring it out.

There is no id on the screen. It must be from work or someone he doesn't know. The model of Jungkook's phone differs from mine, so I have to take some time to figure out how to answer it.

Slide the phone icon to the right; I immediately press the speaker button.

"Did you like my present?" The caller is a woman. She laughed after asking the question. I don't know how to react because awkward to answer that question when someone is chasing you.

"Jennie? Why do you call me?" Jungkook's voice was loud to beat the sound of rain pouring on the car.

I also weird hearing her voice right now because I think Jungkook already broke up with her a long time ago. Present? What present did she talk about?

"I just sent a present to you. I think you can see it if you slow down your car. They are just behind you." Jennie laughed when Jungkook cursed.

"I know it. What do you want? I already clarified that day. I'm not marrying you."

Did I miss something important that happened? Jennie sent people to chase us because Jungkook refused to marry her. But why suddenly does she act like this?

"I heard you clear that day. If I can't have you, might as well you die. I am kind enough to let your wife and unborn baby accompany you to the afterlife. All three of you can be a happy family there." We heard Jennie's voice seriously. There is no laugh like before.

Is she serious about wanting us to die? What happens between them until she wants revenge like this? Jungkook's foot hit the gas pedal.

"Do you think you can run from me? Crash their car." Jennie said before the end of the call.

Suddenly, I was thrown forward when something hit our car from the back. Luckily, I wear the seatbelt that prevents me from flying out of the vehicle.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook checked on me while trying to escape from that car. Position back on the seat; I hold on to Jungkook's phone.

BANG!

Our car spun after receiving another hit. Jungkook tries to encounter the spin by aggressively turning the steering anticlockwise, but the impact is too hard for him.

My body swung to the right and hit the mirror hard, causing the glass to shatter all over my body before impact dragged my body to the left. Jungkook used his body to prevent me from swinging over his side.

"Hold on, we are going down," Jungkook said while pinning my body to the seat using his arm. My stomach clenched, and I held my breath as I saw a metal divider in front of our car.

Our bumper crushed the divider in a split second before diving the steep. My breath hitched when the seat hit on my buttock repeatedly. I grab the hard of Jungkook's hand.

Bump.

Our car stopped after hitting the tree. The inflated airbag hit on my belly. The excruciating pain travels down to my whole body. Even breathing cost me severe pain. Turning to my side, Jungkook had already fainted, blood flowing down from his head.

"Koo." I cry, calling for him. I felt dizzy, and the pain became intense. I know I will lose consciousness because I can see the binocular vision, dark around the edges, with two circles of sight in the center before the darkness floods.

P/s: 3-1=0, which one of them?? Please vote for this chapter.