Chapter 5 (Good before Bad)

As promised with Jungkook yesterday night, I have to take a pregnancy test this morning. Pregnancy hormones are known to be more concentrated during early morning. That’s what he lectured me yesterday when I already had the test on my hand. Throwing the test in the bin, I walk out from the bathroom and go to my room. I feel annoyed when he teaches me something that I already know from my boring class. 

“Give it to me,” he asked for the stick from my hand and placed it on the bathroom counter. We waited for five minutes but there was only one line on that stick. 

“Did you really pee on the stick,” Jungkook checked again in case I didn't know how to pee. He added “Like I told you?”

Geez. He really doesn’t know how to run his sexy mouth this morning. I faked my smile, “I pee exactly on the stick. You can join me if you doubt my peeing skill,” I joked but with the intention to mock him. 

“Maybe I should. Who knows you can be more focused if I were inside,” He purposely pressed his hard chest on my aching boobs. 

Wait. I just smell something nice from him. My nose clears up and my stomach stops feeling queasy when the melon fragrance invades my nostril. Can’t get enough of the smell, I tip toeing until I reach his neck, where the smell came from. 

“What perfume do you use?” Continue sniffing his neck. “It’s nice,” I praised.

“Something expensive,” He moved my head away by pushing my glasses’s bridge. Jungkook questioned, “Why do you change subjects?” I’m not but his scent just drifted me away from our conversation. “Maybe you should take another-,” I looked at Jungkook when he didn’t finish his words. He froze there while staring at the test. I peek at the test before I join him. 

Positive.

“We are pregnant,” Jungkook screamed while my soul just left my body. I plop down on the toilet seat when my knee goes weak. Why do I feel like crap when this is what I want from the beginning. With this baby inside me, all my debt is gone. I can focus on my life again. They won’t disturb me and Ally anymore. 

But I think it’s wrong to think like this. I agree to bring a life into this cruel world because of the money. I will sell him or her to his own father when they are born later. They will never know I’m the mother. Maybe better that way. 

*********************

“Y/N. Come and drink your milk,” Jungkook screamed like usual when I left the milk untouch on the kitchen counter. I walked to him while he put his hand on his tiny waist and poked his tongue on the cheek. He can just be angry, no need to look that hot. 

“I just answered my call, I forgot to-,” my lines were cutting when he interrupted.

“Forgot to throw the milk away?” he accused me. 

“No,” Of course I lied. If he is late by one minute, that nasty milk will meet with its lover, the sinkhole. I take the glass from his veiny hand, gather the courage to bring it to my mouth. The smell is enough to make my stomach turn somersaults. Move away my face while breathing out all the milk scent out of my system. 

“Who?” he asked while eyeing my phone.

“Jihyo. She wants to tell me about my sister's condition,” Finished relaying the information but Jungkook still stares at me. Maybe he wants more detail about Ally's condition. I added, “Doctor said they have to perform another surgery as soon as possible because her intestine can rupture anytime,” Jungkook’s eyes fixed. Did he want more? I continued, “But I cannot afford the cost because the surgery is too expensive."

This time Jungkook nods his head but no words. Maybe he wants to help me. “If you can lend me some money-” 

“No,” Jungkook rejected me in the middle of requesting.