25. Spicy Time

As Jungkook requested, I stayed with him, but we still didn't talk to each other for almost a week. He spends his time primarily at his grandfather's house while I am busy nursing my sister.

We gave each other space to grow our concern for each other. Jungkook didn't hate me, but he needed time to wrap around this shocking news. The same goes for me; I am still trying to remove the guilty feeling toward Jungkook after what my father did to his family.

Luckily, I have a new roommate that replaces Jungkook's place; more accurately, 'wombmate.' He always makes me occupied with his little kick and movement. Nowadays, he has become more active than usual. His kicks became more vital, sending me into a gasp whenever he struck.

Almost every night, I can't sleep because he is active during the nighttime. I was rolling on the king-size bed, finding a suitable position by myself, including right now.

"Hey, hero. Can you go to sleep now?" I asked him while rubbing my belly. He answered with a little kick beside my umbilical. "Did you miss your daddy?" I'm asking myself that question.

I miss his scent. My morning sickness appeared again in this third trimester, but not that bad compared to the first trimester. I still can eat, but not much like always.

"Did you miss me?" A voice that came from the door startled me. I turn quickly to see the voice's owner, but I'm pulling the muscle in my lower abdomen—the burning sensation from overstretching sends me into a curling position on the bed.

"Hey, babe. Are you okay?" Jungkook sat in front of me while his hand held my hard belly. I'm happy to see him now, but how he shows up makes me want to bite his hand. "Come. I will send you to the hospital." He was ready to pick me up from the bed.

"It's okay. I'm good." I tapped his chest to put me down back on the bed. He put me back. He is helping me to turn on my left to improve blood circulation to my womb.

He lies facing me. "Did it still hurt?" he asked, non-stop caressing my belly. His eyes ran wild, scanning all over my body. I can see beads of sweat on his forehead.

"It's okay. It's just a small cramp." I lied because that was a strong one. I don't want to make him feel bad. "How are you? Is everything fine with your grandfather?"

I hope he didn't get into a fight with his grandfather. There is no other reason for him to come here unless they fight.

"Yeah. He is fine. Why do you ask like that?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

"Nothing. I just thought, never mind. Did you have your dinner?" I changed the topic, even though I badly wanted to know his reason for coming here tonight. Did he miss me, or did he merely want to check as part of his duty as a husband?

"I have mine. How about yours?" His eyes are fixed on his unborn baby. His thumb moved up and down against my bump. He didn't seem interested in looking at me.

"I.. I think I have already eaten." I answered. Not forgetting, but not sure whether throwing up after eating still counts as eaten or not.

"You think? You do not remember if you ate or not?" Jungkook moves his eyes to my face and tilts his head a bit. Maybe he feels weird about my answer.

"No. I already ate, but I threw up everything after that. So not sure if it counts as eating." I chuckled when Jungkook's eye got bigger. He supports his body on his elbow, moving near me.

"You vomit? But I thought they only occur in the first trimester." He slides my hair behind my ear. His small gesture woke the butterflies inside my stomach. Or it's just another episode of my morning sickness.