ix. aren't you special

________________________________________

I HATE YOU
::  ix. | aren't you special

Today was the day of the dance, Saturday. Ashely was more than excited. Though she enjoyed getting to know Jake, she already liked him a lot. She still had a kind heart. She didn't want to hurt Lucas at all, which is why she told Jake she'd meet him there. And well Rachel . . . she still has lots to think about.

Ashely was just finishing getting ready. She was having trouble trying to find the shoes to match her burgundy dress.

"Black stilettos or white?" She turned to Haley and Peyton.

"Definitely black." The sound of a familiar voice echoed through the room.

Ashely turned her head towards the direction of the door and there stood Jay. A good ole friend. She squealed as she ran over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck, "You're back!"

"You think you can get rid of me that easily?" He chuckled as he spun Ashely around. Once he put Ashely down, he plopped on Peyton's bed, laying on his back.

Ashely sat next to Jay as Haley finished her hair in the bathroom and Peyton had already went down to start the car. After a moment or so, Haley was finally finished so everyone else went down stairs and hopped in the car. Jay in the front seat bugging Peyton, while Haley and Ashely in the back on their phones.

It wasn't a long drive to the school, ten minutes tops. As soon as they arrived, they all hopped out the car and began to make their entrance into the building. As soon as they entered the gym, jake had made his way over.

Hours before the dance, Jake had called Ashely telling her it wouldn't be right if they went through with it. He's Lucas' good friend and well, Ashely is the ex. Ashely understood and gave him a few tips about Peyton which is why he ended up asking her to dance as soon as they came through the double doors. Jay ended up going somewhere and Haley went to find Nathan, so they left Ashely by herself.