xxii. elephant in the room

________________________________________

I HATE YOU
:: xxii. | elephant in the room

It was another book club meeting but this one was at the Professor's house. Ashely just got to the front door with a smile on her face before knocking. She was excited and she's never been to a teacher's house before so everything was new for her, also considering she's a freshman in college now.

As soon as professor Clark opened the door, the bright smile quickly faded. She wanted to seem as nonchalant as possible. She didn't want to make a big deal of being at his house or any teacher's house.

Ashely gave him a light smile as she complimented his home, "Very big, yet cozy."

He lightly chuckled, "Very poetic."

She shrugged, "What was I supposed to say?"

The professor just looked at her and shook his head with a light chuckle. That earned a light chuckle from Ashely as well. As the two were engaged in a bit of laughing, Professor Clark's doorbell rang.

His smile was still on his face when he answered the door to let the rest of the students in. Ashely had only been at the school for a couple weeks now but there was just something about her that Professor Clark was just so infatuated with — maybe it was how intellectual she was or how she manages to keep a positive attitude all the time. He wasn't sure, but he was happy she was around.

Everyone gathered in the living room as they all pulled out the book that they read. The professor pulled up a chair and sat with the group.

"So how did we all like this book?" He looked around, "Why don't we go around."

As the first student began to speak about their experience and thoughts of the book, some guy leaned over and whispered in Ashely's ear.