xxvi. always, i'll care

________________________________________

I HATE YOU
:: xxvi. | always, i'll care

About a month had passed since Ashely came back and she has not left since. Instead she decided it was best to stay till her brother's graduation. Though that would mean her taking a semester off, she would be ok with that but definitely not her parents. And she had yet to tell them that, but her opportunity was soon to come considering they get back later that night.

However, she laid on her bed with her legs hanging off the edge. There was a light knock on her door as it opened. Chad walked in, laying down next to his sister.

"The parents come back tonight." He mumbled, "You ready?"

She sighed, "Not in the slightest. They're going to be so pissed."

"Wait until they hear about my non-college plans."

She turned to her brother, "You're not going to college?"

"What's the point?" He shrugged, "It's a waste of money and life."

"But a degree opens so many doors."

"Maybe but i know it's not for me." He glanced at her, "I want to travel — see the world. I can't do that if I'm sitting in a chair, listening to stuff that I most likely will never use."

"I hear you." She nodded before changing the subject, "How are you and Peyton?"

"We're good." He spoke calmly, "I love her."

"But?"

"But — i still feel guilty about the whole Lucas thing." He admitted.

She shook her head, "You shouldn't. He should be a supportive friend."

Chad sat up, "Well he's not the one who fucked up. That was me."

"People can't control how they feel about another." She then sat up as well, "It isn't your fault Peyton fell for you. It isn't your fault she chose you over Lucas." She finished, "He's just gonna have to live with that."

"Yeah, I guess." Chad stood up. He walked around the room before leaning his back on one of the empty walls of Ashely's room, "One thing for sure, I'm never coming back after I leave."

She squinted her eyes, "Not true. You'll be back." Her tone almost fell into a whisper, "Something will bring you back."

The two siblings just continued to relax there as the conversation fell. They both stood and sat there in comfortable silence, sinking in all of what the other said. They were grateful for one another and hoped they always have this good of a relationship after Tree Hill.

• • •

Nighttime quickly rolled around and so did another party at Nathan's house. It was kind of like an end of the year party because, graduation was only a few days away now.

Everyone was there, the basketball team, cheerleaders, Brooke, Peyton, Chad, skills, Haley, and Ashely. Rachel decided to sit this party out because of reasons she did not want to get into with her girlfriend right then so she encouraged Ashley to go alone and have a good time.

There was dancing, booze, music, food. Everyone was spread out all around the house. Ashely was eating whatever leftovers that was from the fridge in the kitchen, while her brother was making out with Peyton in one of the bedrooms.

As the college girl stuck another bite of pasta in her mouth, she heard yelling coming from the living room. Intrigued to see what it was about, she placed her bowl down and hopped off the stool. She walked into the living room, through the crowd and saw the tv was on. It was a video of Nathan's basketball footage. As she began watching with the others, the video cut screen to a whole different scenery. There was two people in a bedroom making out, nobody could recognize the girl.

"Is that Peyton!"

"Looks like her!" Someone chimed in.

Soon enough from the shout of her name, Peyton quickly made her way down to the living room with Chad following behind.

The two pushed their way through the crowd and into the open where Ashely stood with Brooke by her side.

Everyone's eyes were still glued to the screen and not only seconds later was the girl in the video revealed. Everyone was shocked. All their eyes diverted to none other than Brooke Davis.

Peyton all of a sudden felt this anger build up in her body as she stared at her supposedly best friend.

"Peyton — "

Before the burnette could get any word out, Peyton's fist collided with Brooke's face.

Everyone gasped, Ashely and Chad glanced at one another. Just when they did, Chad's phone buzzed in his pocket but he was too wrapped up with what was in front of him to check that it was his mom telling him that they just landed and they needed a ride home.

to be continued . . .

a/n: y'all remember that episode? 🤭

a/n:
y'all remember that episode? 🤭

PLSSS COMMENT
UR FEEDBACK OF
THIS CHAPTER OR
THOUGHTS