xxvii. rage before prom

________________________________________

I HATE YOU
:: xxvii. | rage before prom

Everyone continued to stand there, as Peyton brought her fist down by her side. She then turned around, pushing through the crowd, heading towards the door. Chad followed behind and called out to her. As he was just about to approach her, his phone went off. He pulled it out and saw the now five messages from his mom.

Ashely approached him, glancing down at his phone.

"I'll pick them up. Go after Peyton."

He reached in his pocket for his keys, then handing it to her with a quick smile. He soon ran out the door with Ashely watching him. Just as she was about to head out as well, Brooke approached her with a light tap on her shoulder,

"You have to talk to her ash."

At the sound of her voice, Ashely faced Brooke. She didn't know why but she was genuinely mad for her friend.

"And say what?" Her tone grew, "You gave her shit about Lucas when you did the same thing."

"Nathan and her weren't together." Brooke shook her head.

"That doesn't matter." A sigh escaped Ashely's lips, "I know what Luke and Peyton did hurt you but she was honest with you, Brooke and you couldn't give her the same respect. Talk about hypocrisy."

Ashley turned on her heels and resumed to head out the front door. Just when she does, she notices her brother standing in the driveway. She assumed Peyton just bolted, not waiting for Chad or anyone. She got in Chad's car, started the engine and drove up next to him, hoping he get in.

He opened the door and sat on the passenger's side. With the car still running, Ashely just looked to him — waiting for something to come out of his mouth.