Chapter 18

A/N: The video clip above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on YouTube.

Third Person POV

Zee weaved in and out of the lanes on the motorway as he angrily zoomed his way back to his condo unit that was located close to his clinic. He ignored the angry honks from the motorists whose cars he had inadvertently cut off as he recklessly pressed on the pedal. This Sunday morning traffic was just horrible.

Zee was finding it hard to accept that Saint had ideas of his own to cure himself of whatever might be causing his dangerous intermittent bright flashes in his vision. In the field of medicine self cure was almost always a dangerous thing to do.

When Zee finally parked his car in his allotted spot in the basement parking lot of his condo building, he stepped out of it, deep in thought. He tried to analyze why he was feeling so angry at the thought that Saint had rejected his recommendation of dropping whatever it was that he was doing to try to rid himself of his psychological problem. Was it just a professional slight that Zee was feeling or did it go deeper than that. Were his own emotions involved. Oh god Zee, he told himself, don't be such an idiot. Falling for your own client would be the most stupid, most unprofessional thing to do. You could get disbarred for that. You could lose your license to practice. Get a grip now before it's too late.

Zee went straight to his fridge the moment that he stepped inside his unit.

He took out a six pack of beer and placed it on his coffee table before turning his TV on.

The noontime news was on. It reminded Zee that he should have eaten his lunch by now. Instead here he was downing his second bottle of beer.

He stood up from his couch and walked over to his fridge once more. He opened his freezer and took out a frozen pack of assorted stir fry veggies. He placed a medium size cast iron pan on his stove and poured a table spoon of canola oil and when it heated up he dropped the contents of the stir fry veggies.

When the veggies were ready to eat he dropped them into a veggie bowl and walked back to his couch where he continued to watch the news.

Zee almost choked on a forkful of broccoli bites when he saw the news flash.  There was a pile up of cars on the exact same motorway where he had just come from.

Images of the injured were being shown one by one on the screen. One of the images that flashed on the screen was that of his ex-boyfriend.

 One of the images that flashed on the screen was that of his ex-boyfriend

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is New Chawarin Perdpiriyawong. He is Zee's love partner in the BL series Cutie Pie.

Zee dropped everything and grabbed his phone. He knew that it would be pointless to try to call New. It would be best to call his mom. Zee still had New's mom's contact number.

New's mom took Zee's call at the first ring.

Zee didn't waste time on any preliminaries.

"What hospital was he rushed to?" Zee asked, his heart thudding loudly against his chest.

"Bangkok General," the mother replied. (A/N: Fictitious name of a hospital. Author doesn't know if such a name exists.)

"Thank you," Zee said already grabbing his car key from the kitchen counter and rushing to the basement parking lot.

He tossed his phone on the passenger seat beside him before turning the ignition on. No sooner had he turned the ignition on when his phone started to ring. It was the ringtone that he had assigned to Saint.

Zee stared at his phone, undecided on what to do next. He badly wanted to take Saint's call but New was lying on a Trauma Unit bed probably fighting for his life.

Zee slowly pressed on the pedal and made his way out of the basement parking lot and into the street leading towards Bangkok General.