Chapter 21

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Zee's POV

The inn's management needs to be made aware of the safety hazard of their uneven carpeting, but for now I'm just grateful that it made me trip and fall right on top of Saint.

"Zee?" Saint wriggled a little bit under me.

"Oh, oops, I'm sorry," I said, not sounding repentant at all.

I slowly lifted myself from Saint.

"So, have you decided to leave the inn this evening or will you wait till tomorrow?" I asked, crossing my fingers and willing Saint to decide to wait till tomorrow so that I could spend the night with him.

"For as long as I'm paid up to tomorrow morning, I might as well  make the most of it and stay the night," he replied.

Yesss!

"Instead of going to the dining room for dinner, let's call for room service," I suggested. "I will pay for it if they include it in your bill when you check out tomorrow."

"That's a good idea because I don't want to go limping on our way to the dining room," Saint said.

"Exactly," I agreed wholeheartedly with him.

Saint picked up the room phone and dialed the front desk.

"Hi, this is Saint from room 108," I heard him say. "I would like to request for room service. May I know what's on the menu this evening?"

He was quiet while he listened to what the receptionist was saying. Then he turned to me.

"You have a choice between their curried prawns and honey garlic chicken breast," he said.

"I would like the curried prawns," I replied, already feeling hungry and craving for that dish.

"Okay, please send an order for curried prawns and an order for honey garlic chicken breast," Saint said to the receptionist. 

After listening to what the receptionist was saying, Saint said, "Yes, two tom yum soups, please, and two fruit salads for dessert, thank you."

"I'm allergic to peaches," I told Saint.

"Oh shit," Saint muttered, grabbing the phone and dialing the receptionist once more.

"Hi, it's me again from room 108," he said. "Would you know if the fruit salad contains peaches?"

A moment of silence, and then I heard him say, "Yes, please remove the peaches. Thank you."

He placed the phone back in its cradle and then turned to me. "The fruit salad will be made of pineapple bits, cut up pears, clementine oranges, cut up cantaloupes and cut up honeydew melons. No peaches."

"Cool, thank you." I said and before I could stop myself I grabbed him and kissed him on the lips. 

We looked at each other for a few shocked seconds and then I was beside myself with apologies.

"I'm sorry, Saint, I'm so very, very sorry!" I said to him over and over. "I do not know what came over me! I promise I will be more mindful of my actions next time!"

"You are forgiven, but please stick to your promise of being more mindful of your actions," Saint said with a reproachful look on his face.

"I will," I replied, sincere contrition written all over my face. I was in truth feeling absolutely mortified.

While waiting for dinner to be delivered to our room, I decided to tackle the issue of what Saint had hoped to accomplish by coming over to this inn by this particular forest that held a deep dark history of his life and to which he attributed the cause of his intermittent flashes that would cause his intermittent blindness.

We were both sitting upright against the wall on his bed.

I turned to him and said, "Saint, tell me please, do you think that your intermittent blindness has been resolved by your re-visiting that clearing in the nearby forest?"

He closed his eyes and remained silent for a while. I waited for him to speak.

Then I heard him give out a heavy sigh before saying, "I am not a hundred percent sure but I think so and I hope so."

"If that's the case, then you are going to stop seeing me and our patient-doctor relationship will no longer exist," I remarked.

"That's correct," he confirmed.

"And that would mean ... "

"No," he interrupted me firmly.

Dang it, he knew instinctively where the conversation was going.

"Won't you give me a chance ..."

"No," he said again, even more firmly.

Double dang it.