Chapter 27

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

FINAL  CHAPTER

Third Person POV

"I miss you terribly," Perth said right after he told Saint that he was feeling miserable.

Saint felt a lump forming in his throat. He could barely speak.

"I think I miss you more," Saint said, no longer caring what Perth's reaction might be.

"If you miss me, really miss me... " Perth was starting to say... "video call me everyday."

"I'm gonna do more than that," Saint said.

"What do you mean?" Perth asked, his heart suddenly beating faster than it should.

But Saint had cut the call.

Perth tried to call him again but he was directed to Saint's voicemail.

Just what was Saint up to.

Perth got distracted during the rest of the day by all the things that he needed to take care of and by all the new sights and sounds of his new environment.

He struggled with communicating with those around him because he had not yet mastered the French language and his English was not that good either.

By dinner time Perth made his way to the building that housed the cafeteria.

He tore out one meal ticket from the booklet of meal tickets that Denise had handed him earlier in the day. He handed the meal ticket to the cashier behind the counter and the cashier nodded for him to go ahead and choose his food and drink and place whatever he chose on his tray.

Perth was not too familiar with the choices behind the glass counter but he bravely took whatever he thought would taste good.

There was some kind of beef stew with lots of cubed potatoes and the gravy smelled good so Perth chose that and placed the bowl on his tray.

There was a platter of pre-sliced baguettes. Perth took the pair of silver tongs and used it to place several slices on his tray.

At the end of the counter he had a choice of eclairs or custard tarts. He chose the custard tarts. He also picked up a bottle of pomegranate juice from a bed of ice.

After dinner he went back to his dorm.

During his walk back to his dorm from the cafeteria, Perth started feeling lonely again. He could feel the soft evening breeze blowing against his skin and felt even lonelier. He started to wonder if he had made the right decision to come to this country that was so far away from his home and his loved ones, especially from Saint.

He stopped in his tracks at the realization that he had loved Saint all this time. He wondered if Saint felt the same way. There were times when he felt that Saint had something going for him but he could never be sure of course unless Saint said so in specific terms.

When Perth reached his dorm he decided to give Saint a video call.

Dammit, he heard the endless ringing and no answer. How could Saint already forget all about him this early.

Perth tapped on the red X and prepared to take his shower before retiring to bed.

Tomorrow he had to wake up early for his orientation class. After that the rest of his day was free for him to go around and acquaint himself with the city.

After his shower and evening rituals he made a quick call to his mom to let her know that he was safe and doing fine, then he tried calling Saint one more time.

Still no answer.

Perth tucked himself to bed, his tears slowly forming and dropping from either side of his eyes, wetting his ears.

His alarm went off at six in the morning.

Perth quickly got out of bed and started to get ready for his orientation class.

His orientation class was not till eight o'clock so he had time to walk over to the cafeteria and have some breakfast.

Again he tore out a meal ticket from the meal ticket booklet that Denise had given him yesterday and handed it to the cashier.

"Bonjour," he greeted the cashier with the only French word that he knew.

"Bonjour," the cashier greeted him back and accepted the meal ticket that he gave him.

For some reason Perth did not have much appetite. He took just one slice of French toast and fixed himself a cup of black coffee from the coffee dispenser.

After breakfast Perth took out the college campus map from the side pocket of his backpack and walked over to the classroom where his orientation class was going to be held.

He found the classroom without much difficulty. He was early but there was someone else earlier than him.

"Bonjour," he greeted the student who looked up when Perth walked into the classroom.

"Bonjour," the student greeted him back and then went back to his phone that he had been looking at before Perth had walked in.

The orientation class took almost an hour to finish. There were only about fifteen students in the orientation class.

After the class, Perth wondered what he would do for the rest of the day. He had nothing planned.

He started feeling lonely again as he walked back to his dorm. He did not feel like exploring the city today. He went inside his room in his dorm and took out his phone from his pocket after he set his backpack down on the study table beside his bed.

He thought about video calling Saint but decided to just regular call him. At least if Saint did not pick up, he could leave a voice message.

To Perth's surprise, Saint took his call at the first ring.

"Hi," Perth said, suddenly feeling out of breath for some reason.

"Please open your door," Saint said.

"What???" Perth asked, feeling confused. "There's no one knocking at my door."

"Please just open it," Saint said.

Still feeling confused, Perth walked over to his door and opened it.

He almost fainted when he saw Saint standing right in front of him.

"Are you not going to let me in?" Saint asked when Perth just stood there with his mouth opened wide.

Perth stood aside and let Saint walk into the room.

Perth closed the door and he and Saint just stood looking at each other at first.

Then they moved simultaneously towards each other.

"I had dreamed about doing this for a very long time," Perth said before pulling Saint's face to him and giving Saint a deep and passionate kiss.

Saint felt Perth's fingers unbuttoning the front of his shirt. Saint did not even try to stop him. Instead he wound his arms around Perth's neck as Perth slowly led him to his bed.