Chapter 9

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who don't know him, his name is Prem Warut Chawalitrujiwong. He played the role of Team in Until We Meet Again.

Prem's POV

"Good morning, Prem!" I heard my classmate Saint greet me as he walked into the classroom with his driver Perth.

No, wait! That's not Perth who's walking right behind him! It's someone else! Apparently he has a new driver companion! What ever happened to Perth?

But it doesn't really matter to me what happened to Perth because, holy guacamole, his new driver companion has the sexiest smile I've ever seen on anyone before!

I studied his face. He had the sexiest eyes and sexiest nose and sexiest lips and his smile was giving me shivers up and down my spine.

Wait! He's smiling at me!

I looked away, hating myself for the warmth that rushed upward from my neck to my face, which meant that my cheeks were turning red, dammit!

Before Saint took his seat beside me, he introduced his driver companion to me.

"Prem, I want you to meet Boun. He has replaced Perth who quit because he has decided to take up Physical Therapy course," I heard Saint say.

Boun extended his hand to me and I was forced to take it because I did not want to appear rude.

I felt a tingling sensation run through my hand and upward to my arm at the touch of his hand. I hoped desperately that he had not noticed how cold and clammy my hands had become.

"I'm very pleased to meet you, Prem," I heard Boun say while shaking my hand

"Same here," I replied, my voice hardly above a whisper because my heart was beating so fast that I could hardly breathe and therefore I could hardly talk.

I tried to focus on the lesson throughout the class but it took superhuman effort on my part to be able to do so. By the time that the lesson ended, I wasn't sure that I had understood everything that the professor discussed with the class.

"You wanna join me and Boun for lunch, Prem?" Saint asked before standing from his chair after the professor dismissed his class.

I hesitated to say yes. I was afraid that I would feel too self conscious and would end up not being able to eat and enjoy my lunch properly.

"Another time," I said in a regretful tone. "But thank you for the invite."

Did I just imagine the look of disappointment that crossed Boun's face? I refused to dwell on it. I stood up quickly to shake the thought from my head. In my hurry to stand up, I lost my balance.

I was so sure that I was going to land on the floor, when I felt a pair of strong arms catch me just in the nick of time.

I looked up wide eyed at Boun's face. He was looking down on my face as I lay in a half lying position in his arms.

I straightened myself quickly, my heart beating erratically again as the manly and pleasant smell of his cologne wafted to my nose.

"Thank you, Boun," I said, hating myself for the way my voice was quivering, "If it hadn't been for you I would probably be suffering from a concussion right now. The hardness of the cement floor is no joke."

"No problem at all," Boun replied. "Are you sure you don't wanna join me and Saint for lunch?"

"I can't," I replied, "I have to meet someone at the library right now."

I was lying of course. I really just did not feel comfortable having lunch with someone who had the power to make my heart rate spike at a dangerous level.

I decided to take my lunch on the other side of campus to make it look credible to Boun and Saint that I had to meet someone for lunch.

My remaining two classes for the day were not the same as Saint so I did not get to see him and Boun for the rest of the day.

I was making my way to the parking lot after my last class when I heard running footsteps from behind me.

I turned around and almost dropped my backpack when I saw that it was Boun. Before I could say a word, he handed me what looked like a business card.

"Prem," he said as he handed the card to me, "when ever you need driver services, or assistance of any kind, you can call me at the number printed on this card."

I accepted the card, my heart thudding loudly again against my chest.

"Thank you, Boun," I said with a shy smile and turned away to continue walking towards the parking lot.

"Please don't lose that card," Boun called out after I had walked farther away from him.

"I won't," I called back.

I held on tightly to the card as I sped towards my car. Only after I had settled down comfortably inside my car did I allow myself to take a proper look at the card.

Printed on it were the words Boun & Ohm Driving and Companionship Services, and then on the lower part of the card were two sets of phone numbers. One of them corresponded to Ohm's name and the other set of numbers corresponded to Boun's name. I wondered who Ohm was. He was obviously Boun's business partner but I wondered whether he was a brother or a cousin or a friend. Wait, a thought occurred to me which made my heart sink. Would Ohm happen to be his significant other?

I opened the glove compartment and tossed the card inside. So much for assuming that Boun was single and free to mingle.

I revved up my car as soon as I had turned the engine on.

As I cruised smoothly through the busy afternoon traffic, I made up my mind to forget all about Boun. I had no intention of setting myself up for a heartache.