Chapter 8

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Boun Noppanut Guntachai. He played the role of Win in the series Until We Meet Again.

Saint's POV

I tried not to feel too sad and anxious about Perth's impending departure. I would have wanted to convince him not to leave me but it would have been selfish of me to keep him from pursuing his goal of improving his financial condition.

Before the end of Perth's final work week with me, my father had brought in a new driver for me. My father made him come along with Perth and me on Perth's last work day so that he could get some orientation from Perth regarding his tasks and responsibilities.

When I woke up that morning of Perth's last work day, I could not understand the heavy feeling that had washed over me. I mean it wasn't like I had caught any feelings for him. He was my father's employee, that's all he was. Okay, I will admit that I had found him attractive. He was very attentive to my needs and very protective of me. He made sure that I was safe at all times while I was under his care. It was like he was my nanny and I was a child under his care. He was always quick to spare me any difficulties during his work day because he always anticipated my needs.

I sighed as I got out of bed to prepare for school. Today was Friday. Today, or this evening, was also my session day with Zee. I wondered whether I should mention this heavy feeling to Zee. Maybe he could give me some explanation for it. Zee would probably dismiss it as separation anxiety. I was the child who clung to his mom's skirt or dad's pants on the first day of school. Perth was the dad whose pants I wanted to cling on to.

When I was ready to go off to school, I walked into the living room to find my father chatting with Perth and the newly hired driver.

They all turned when I walked into the living room.

"Oh there you are, Saint," my father said. "Saint, this is Boun, your new driver."

I stepped forward and extended my hand to Boun.

"Pleased to meet you Boun," I said, trying to give him a bright smile.

"My honour to meet you, sir," Boun replied, taking my hand.

Then I turned to Perth.

"Good morning, young master," Perth bowed to me.

He had forgotten that I did not want him to address me as 'young master'. But it didn't matter anymore. This was his last day with me. He could address me in any way he wanted. If he wanted to address me as 'babe' I wouldn't mind either.

Just as we were walking out of the living room, my blinding flashes flared up.

I stopped and held on tightly to Perth's arm, except it wasn't Perth. It was Boun. I thought that it was Perth who was walking beside me.

"Come, let me guide you to your car, sir," Boun said, putting his arm around my waist.

"It might be best that you do the driving," I heard Perth say. "That way you will be able to familiarize yourself with the master's car."

"Sure," said Boun.

I felt Perth taking over my waist and guiding me to sit in the back.

"I will sit in the back with the master," I heard Perth say after he guided me inside my car.

I was starting to get worried. My bright flashes didn't subside until we reached the university. Today was the longest time that I had to endure my bright flashes. Maybe I should mention it later to Zee as well.

Boun stayed close behind Perth and me throughout my school day, observing carefully the things that Perth did for me. I thought that apart from the driving Perth would let Boun take over his other responsibilities but for some reason Perth never left my side. He performed all his other usual tasks, just instructing Boun from time to time how to do the stuff he was doing for me.

I was very close to tears by the time Boun drove me back home.

Perth quickly got out of the car to come over to my side and opened the car door for me and held my arm to help me out of the car.

I let him help me out of the car even though he didn't have to. He had forgotten that I wasn't having my blinding flashes anymore.

"Amelia, our housekeeper, mentioned earlier at breakfast that she was going to make some sesame chicken with creamy satay sauce for dinner," I said, looking from Boun to Perth. "I would like to invite both of you to stay for dinner."

Boun quickly said "Yes, thank you." Perth looked undecided. I waited for him to say something.

Perth's POV

I knew that staying for dinner with Saint would only prolong my suffering.

All throughout Saint's school day I had come to the bitter realization that the reason I was seeking to improve my financial standing was because I wanted for him to have a better image of me.

I knew of course that it was a futile attempt. I could never hope to be on the same financial level as him.

But why was I even trying to improve my image. It wasn't like he would ever entertain any feelings for an employee of his.

All the time that I had been under his employ, the reason he had always been nice and kind to me was because he was just that, a nice and kind person. Whoever he eventually fell in love with would be the luckiest person on earth.

I realized that Saint was waiting for my response to his invitation. The stupid me had spaced out right in front of him.

"I... I... I was... I... my m...mother" I hated myself for stammering, "mother is waiting for me to come home and help her fix dinner."

"I understand," Saint said, stepping forward, and to my surprise he gave me a hug.

I placed my arms around him and clung tightly to him.

We stayed that way for a long time until we realized that Boun was staring at us wide eyed.