The Deal & Back to Hisui

1st Person POV Chifuyu

I hugged my Zorua twins (see above) close to my chest as those thoughts swirled in my head, making me spiral into the depths of despair, before a knock on my bedroom door jolted me out of my troubled turbulent thoughts, revealing my big sister Chiaki as she stuck her head in our shared room at Aunt Chichi's and Uncle Taichi's.

"Hey," she spoke sleepily, her voice thick with grogginess, indicating she had just woke up from a power nap before she went to check on me. "You okay? My Big Sis senses were tingling..."

I cracked a small smile at her; leave it to Chiaki to pick up on when I was feeling down. "Yeah..." I offered a weak smile in her direction. "Just thinking..." She noted how I was hugging the ghost/normal-type foxes so close to myself, revealing the truth to her.

"Did something happen?" She asked, coming over to sit next to me on my bed. I closed my eyes to take a moment before I answered.

Sighing, I set the twins down before I reached into my bag and pulled out an envelope and showed it to her. Her rose pink eyes widened when she saw the single most accursed school logo we know on the stationery. "This happened..." I said in a sullen tone.

"But... how?" She breathed. "You never..."

"I know..." I responded, frustration coloring my tone. "But someone at school went behind my back and applied for me. Not only that, the principal there wants to see me himself..."

"This is troublesome... should we tell Aunt Chichi?" Chiaki asked, knowing that between our uncle and aunt, Aunt Chichi knows how to set people straight, as she will not hesitate to cut someone down to size. Given that she's the mother of a gifted hacker and her husband is a programmer and she works at the Hero Safety Commission and is the head of a support item company with a lot of connections with some big names that owe her a lot of favors, she makes for one scary individual...

"No. Not tonight at least." I said, shaking my head. "I don't want to ruin her date night with Uncle Taichi with this kind of bombshell. And we got until the end of next week anyway..."

She nodded. "Good point. Still..." A frown marred her soft face. "You already got your heart set on Hope's Peak Academy, so why would anyone..."

"Because UA is a place for heroes and no matter how many times I protest this, they still have it in their crazy Quirkist heads that I want to be a hero." I tried not to spit the word out as I laid on my back in exhaustion to stare at the ceiling. "So I guess one of the teachers decided to 'take the initiative,' though when I find out who..." A shadow casted across the upper part of my face as I uttered the next few words with a chilling promise. "They will wish they haven't crossed paths with me..."

"Easy, tiger." Chiaki placed a hand on my head, snapping me out of my dark train of thoughts. "Remember what happened last time you let your negative emotions get the best of you.... I think."

I sighed, laying on my back as I was tired anyway, from both school and the emotional strain this stupid letter took on me. "I know... but I can't help it... why can't people just leave us alone?"

Chiaki gave me a hug, making me return the physical gesture on instinct. "It'll be okay.... I think."

"I hope so...." I gave a yawn, my fatigue overtaking me as the day had been an exhausting drag.