Of Nen and Long Lost Relatives

1st Person POV Chifuyu

It had been a few days since the stupid dorm system began at UA. Of course Nedzu tried to raise a stink about Hope's Peak students forgoing his little plan of staying at UA's dorms since they all have either apartments or their parents/guardians threatened to fight it in court if he or anyone of his staff tried to force the issue. And since they aren't UA students they had no legal dog to fight with so to speak.

Aside from that, hanging out with Kokoro changed many things.

Mostly my Pokemon.

Though it did start with me.

Flashback time

"So why are we doing this?" I asked as we both stepped in her personal office. Since she is working with Miaya Gekkogohara and have shown impressive headway in therapy appointments and made some notable changes in the Neo-World Program project, she was granted her own office space.

It had everything you would expect in a therapist's office. A lounge furniture you see on TV, another chair (for Kokoro to sit in as she talks with her patients and takes notes, a mini fridge, an aroma diffuser with soothing scents of lavendar and vanilla emanating from it, the works.

"Because trust me when I say you and the others need it." Kokoro answered, wearing a white coat over her usual outfit and her tablet was out.

"Listen to her, child," Gardevoir stated, making me almost roll my eyes at her.

"Take a seat," Kokoro instructed getsuring to the lounge chair.

I deadpanned at her. "You don't have to tell me, I am one of Miaya-san's frequent clients after all..."

She gave me a look that made me back off a bit. "Sorry, rough week."

She nodded in understanding. "Understandable."

"Is this okay though?" I asked. "I mean, with us being friends and all... Won't this get you in trouble with your superiors? I mean isn't there a rule for doctors an the like not treating friends and family?"

She winced for some reason at "friends" being mentioned but wiped the grimace off before answering. "I haven't been sworn in yet by the Hippocratic oath and the like, so we are fine."

That's fair I suppose...

She sat down as I laid back in the loungechair.

"So let's start..." She pulled out her tablet before powering it on.

A few minutes later....

I'm not sure how it happened but I ended up spilling my guts to her before ten minutes had elapsed.

"So what now...?" I asked, feeling myself shake internally, almost like I was scared. Of what, I wasn't entirely sure.

"Why not ask your Pokemon?" Kokoro suggested. "They are a part of you after all. And from what I got from their thoughts, they want love about as much as you do."

That actually made me still. Was I... Was I neglecting my partners? I mean we have a bond like no other, but have I been starving them of their needs such as affection? I mean I have a Sylveon, but....

Seeing my thoughts, Kokoro spoke up. "Perhaps not on purpose, but... maybe let them have a say...?"

Sighing, I looked at her. "We might need to go somewhere else for this...."

In the end, we ended up at Uncle Colress's place as his place is the only place big enough to hold all of my Pokemon not in my immediate party (though I can easily summon them no matter the distance if need be). He built extensions to his private artificial island (and more so after he had retrieved more of his memories of his "past life" in the Pokemon world before he mysteriously ended up here in this world), and like the Aether Foundation, he had a ginormous area meant for the Pokemon to roam and live. Similar to the regional Professors' ranches or the Hisuian pastures, if I were to boil it down.