Confrontation and Revelations

A/N: Thank you KaoTamashi for the character sprite!

3rd Person POV

Meanwhile in another city

A group of police officers were gathered in front of their chief as he had been trying to get to the bottom of the mysterious disaster that had occured in Deika City. On top of the missing people that have been reported in (and still counting), there were also an odd number of stone statues recovered, though a lot of them were damaged greatly. What was more unnerving than the lava and the destroyed buildings was that the statues (when they could piece the ones anyway) beared an unnerving resemblance to some of the people that have been reported missing.

Among those officers was Machi, in disguise.

And thanks to the help of one of her associate's abilities, the cops in the precinct are none the wiser to her being there

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

And thanks to the help of one of her associate's abilities, the cops in the precinct are none the wiser to her being there. Sure she had received some odd looks when she asked said "friend" to do this, but she was a woman of her word, and she had every intention to keep it.

"I hope those kids got away safely," she found herself thinking, a rarity for the pink-haired assassin to feel concern for a civilian.

But there is a first for everything, right?

Just as long as the infuriating clown doesn't find out. She can only imagine what would happen if the word got around that the cold-hearted Machi Komacine of the notorious Phantom Troupe was going soft.

"Though I shudder to think what would happen if Boss took an interest in that girl's abilities..." she thought pensively. As she had a distinct feeling that one girl's "Quirk" wasn't really a Quirk....

"Heaven help her if that was Nen-related," Machi prayed internally, as she knew the second her boss finds out what really happened, and he will whether she likes it or not as nothing escapes him, he's going to want to at least look into it.

"Though her red eyes did remind me of something..." Machi found her thoughts wandering. "I wonder if..."

She thought for a moment before shaking her head. "No. Not likely. No way is she related to the Chain-user. She just happens to have the daring shade of red in her eyes. And many people have odd-colored eyes these days, so it has to be coincidence! Nothing less, nothing more!"

With those thoughts, she left the police station, having already gotten what she was after.

Meanwhile

As it turns out, Machi's internal fears were actually founded.

"So that was really her?" A male voice asked a purple creature sitting around his shoulders.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.