Welcome Home and A New Ally?

1st Person POV, Chifuyu

The first thing that I noticed the second I set foot back in my room was how much of a warzone the place had turned into.

The first person to greet me was none other than Kota, along with his new friend Totodile.

The two of them tackled me into a hug, which drew the attention of my aunts' two new assistants Jessie and James.

A little backstory on these two goobers

Long story short, if you readers have read the Flashback Time event about the first trip into the Metaverse and meeting my contractor, then let us just say these two were my "patient zero" in the Pokemon world.

Basically they kinda began following me when I started out in Kanto, and at one point I got so frustrated with them I just went "Fuck it," and decided to see what their big deal is by going into their "palace."

What I found in their memories made me feel bad for them in the end.

So rather than roughing them up, I decided to help them out. One of them is dealing with that stupid arranged marriage of James and get his best friend Growlie back to him. And then helping Jessie get licensure to become a nurse.

After all was said and done (especially after I officially took down Team Rocket), they wanted to know what they can do to repay me.

Well, as it turns out, my aunt needs a few extra helping hands so I called her up and see if she could offer them a job.

Auntie's workload had decreased significantly by at least half ever since.

As for their talking Meowth, he became part of my team, although he was more of a housecat around the place.

Though when asked, he'll help out with my group....

But I think that's more to do with spending time with a certain female Meowth that had also become part of the team some time back.

Coming back to the present...

"So does anyone want to explain why one of my former babysitting clients is in my room?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms, with Katakuri, my Pink Greninja, mirroring my actions.

James gulped before answering. "Well.. he kinda just came in a couple of hours before you just did..."

"Kid won't tell us what was up until you got here," Jessie added.

I looked at Kota as he hugged my leg as Totodile did the same to Katakuri.

"Kota," I spoke in a serious tone. "Did something happen back at that training camp?"