Chapter 4: Quinn

Sheryl's POV

It was a beautiful morning in the sunny Stockton, British Columbia, Canada. This day was going to be great! But, just in case; I didn't want to jinx it. Just then my phone began to ring. "Hello." I said as I answered the call. "Hi, is this Sheryl Evelyn Meyer?" I didn't know who was calling me, only that it was a woman, not a girl, a woman. Someone who I didn't know but apparently she knew my full name. "This is her speaking, may I ask who is calling?" After a few seconds the voice on the other end of the phone answered; I'm Queen Charlotte Monroe, I've been trying to reach Stella, but I am unable to. Has Quinn arrived yet!? She's supposed to be taking the empty room in your dorm so she and Stella can be closer together. How are things? Oh, I know that we've never actually met before, but how are you doing!? I'm curious to know more about my Daughter-in-law. Sorry, I mean future daughter-in-law. Since you're not yet married to my Stella."

I heard a soft knock on my door; "Princess, are you awake yet!?" It was Stella. "My phone battery died and I need to charge it, but I can't find my charger cord. I need to borrow yours so if my mother calls asking if Quinn has arrived yet, I can tell her that; Quinn arrived last night around 11:30 PM." I opened the door to my room and Stella saw that I was on the phone. "Who is it?" she asked. "I motion to my phone and mouth; "Mom". Stella thought it was my mom, I was on the phone with and she left to give me some privacy. "Oh, before I forget here, please return it when you are done with it!" I said as I handed Stella my phone charger. Suddenly; a girl who looked almost exactly like Stella, only blonde, walked out into the common area of the dorm that I shared with Stella, Daria and Bella. "Oh, pardon me, I didn't know everyone was still in their rooms."

Ever since Principal Morton took over, she had received as much funding from the Canadian government as she wanted for the school. And she announced that Rainbow High was going to be expanding and that two more rooms would be added to each of the multi-person dorms, oddly enough; the first dorm that was finished with adding two new rooms was the dorm where Stella, Daria, Bella and I lived, Quinn took one of the two new rooms in the dorm and the other new room was vacant for now. "You're on the phone, I'll give you some privacy then." Quinn said as she walked back into her room.

Stella walked out of my room with my charger that I let her borrow. I talked with Stella and Quinn's mother; Queen Charlotte Monroe for over an hour and a half, it was almost two hours before she had enough information about me to start a dossier on me, in case things didn't work out between Stella and I. But I told her, not to worry; the only way Stella and I would end our relationship is if it was a mutual decision, that way I wouldn't look like I was at fault. Queen Charlotte told me about Stella's last significant other (a Prince who turned out to be Gay, and how it was because of his parents that Stella was forced to be in a relationship with him), Queen Charlotte felt awful for what Stella had to experience. A year after Stella and that prince broke up, he killed himself.

Charlotte knew her daughter was not interested in men from a very young age, but didn't say anything to anybody about it, she kept it to herself. Charlotte had seen Stella at age 5 kiss another girl, and she let it happen. The other girl's mother said; "It's a phase, both of our daughters will grow out of it. The girl who Stella kissed came out as Lesbian at the age of 12, and Stella finally came out as lesbian a few years later. What made things more awkward was that the girl who Stella kissed at age 5 was none other than Gabriella Icely, and oddly enough; Stella and Gabriella, despite us being on the same Runway Team, became rivals. At least until Amaya broke up with River and Gabriella began dating her. Queen Charlotte told me that she knew the day Stella and Quinn were born that Stella was a Lesbian. Even though she had no idea her daughter; Quinn was Bisexual until a few years ago.

I couldn't believe what I was learning about Stella, unlike many of the lesbians at Rainbow High, Stella Monroe wasn't just royalty, she was also born Lesbian. It was actually a shock to not just me, but everyone else. After Queen Charlotte ended the call, I started getting ready for the day. As I was getting all the stuff I need for taking a shower, Gabriella walked in on me, luckily; Principal Morton made it so that with the renovations and expanding of the school; each dorm gets two adjacent bathroom/showers and one bathroom with a bathtub which is specifically for use by couples, however; individuals that are part of the couple can use the bathtub as well.