Chapter 9: Only You (And You Alone)

[Third-Person POV]

Ainsley, Veronica, Glitch and Naomi all made up after their short disagreement which was mainly between Veronica, Naomi and Glitch, but Ainsley was technically involved as well, because she had been present for the disagreement and did nothing to diffuse it. Ainsley didn't even take her new girlfriend's side. "I'm not one who usually gets involved or says anything regarding an argument, so I chose not to take a side. Glitch, you understand that about me more than anyone else. Veronica, maybe Holly is the same way, she didn't take a side because she doesn't like confrontation outside of any kind of competition. And that could be the reason why she didn't get involved in the argument that you, Naomi and Laurel had."

Glitch was understanding enough to know that her girlfriend; Ainsley, choosing to stay out of the disagreement that she and the Storm Twins had been involved in was a good idea. "Babe, perhaps you are right, the girls need to come to terms with their feelings for Holly and Laurel once and for all, and finally put an end to this utterly ridiculous school rivalry that they began!" Glitch said to Ainsley with a smile.

Veronica had calmed down enough to agree with Glitch and Ainsley about what Glitch had said. "I, for one, believe that it is finally time for Holly and I to publicly confess our love for each other. Maybe if Laurel would come down off her high horse for a while she would realize that her "hatred" for my sister is destroying my sister's psyche, and Naomi, you really should confess to Laurel already, whether or not she returns your feelings for her. Our school rivalry shouldn't exist simply because you two are afraid to admit that you're in love with each other. Which why, I want you during Rainbowvision to confess to the whole world that you are in love with Laurel Devious and admit that the rivalry between Rainbow High and Shadow High is actually because you both afraid to confess your feelings to one another and that the time has at long last come to bring that bitter and unnecessary rivalry to an end, whether or not Laurel returns those same feelings that you have for her back to you."

Naomi was shocked by what her twin had just said. "I know for a fact that Laurel will return your feelings if you just confess Naomi. I did go to Rainbow High after all, and I was in Laurel and Holly's inner circle of friends, so I knew every single one of their secrets. Laurel Devious is head-over-heels in love with you, Naomi! But she's afraid that you don't love her, which is why she's afraid to confess, because she doesn't want the girl she loves rejecting her. It's clear to me that you are in love with her, just as much as she is in love with you. You just need to confess your love for her. She says that she would proclaim her love for you to the whole world if you would just confess that you are in love with her first. Confess your love to her at Rainbowvision for the whole world to see and I'm sure she will proclaim that she's in love with you to the world shortly after you confess to her." Ainsley said with a smile.

Naomi looked down and began to show signs of regret. "Had I known that our love for one another was reciprocated by both of us, then we wouldn't have this as you said Ronnie; Unnecessary School Rivalry, and Ainsley is right; I should just confess already, and if what Ainsley says is true and Laurel is really willing to proclaim her love for me to the whole world, then I will confess in front of the world that I'm in love with Laurel Devious! As for whether or not the school rivalry ends after that isn't up to me. That is entirely up to Laurel herself as I merely agreed to the rivalry, but she wanted to start it. Thanks Ainsley, Ronnie and Glitch. I'm glad we're friends. I guess I should have trusted Sheryl with my feelings for Laurel as well, since Ronnie and I are her childhood friends." Naomi hugged her sister and roommates.

-Across the street from Shadow High;

[Sheryl's POV]

My phone beeped with a text message notification. It was from Naomi. "Hi Sheryl, I know you are probably getting ready for bed, and I am also sure that you will be upset about the fact that I have been keeping a secret from you that I should have entrusted you with. The thing is; I'm actually in love with Laurel Devious, and the bitter rivalry between our schools is because we were both afraid to confess our love to one another for the fear of being rejected, and I am sorry that I didn't trust you with this. I hope you will forgive me, also; Ainsley said you are in Laurel's inner circle of friends, please whatever you do, don't tell her anything that I'm about to tell you. I plan to publicly confess my love to Laurel at Rainbowvision, right after the performance by The Royal Three. It will be a worldwide confession, both my sister; Veronica and Ainsley suggested doing this. And Ainsley told me that Laurel does feel the same way about me and is willing to proclaim her love for me to the whole world, and therefore; I am gonna confess to her in front of the world, and then she can at long last proclaim her love for me to the world like Ainsley says she would do."