Chapter 8: Listen To Your Heart

[Sheryl's POV]

I was in my room after classes for the day came to an end. I decided to read one of the books from my favorite book series; The Clique by Lisi Harrison. My favorite book in the series is; The Pretty Committee. While I was reading, there was a knock on the door in the common room area of the dorm. "Daria, Stella, Quinn, Bella, Jade, Amaya, or Gabriella, would one of you please answer the door!?" I said as I opened my room door. Amaya and Gabriella were cuddling together on the couch watching Love Actually, a holiday movie in the middle of spring. Daria was apparently on a date with her girlfriend. Stella and Quinn were both at the Rainbow Union Café. There were noises coming from Bella and Jade's shared room that indicated they were having private alone time. "Never mind, I will get it!" I walked out of my room in my housecoat to answer the door. "Hello?" I asked as I opened the door. "Ah Sheryl, am I interrupting something?" Ms. Wright said on the other side of the open door. "No, of course not Ms. Wright. What can I help with?" I asked curiously.

Ms. Wright looked at the inside of my room. "Are either of my daughters in there with you? I couldn't find Sunny in her dorm, and she wasn't in the Rainbow Union, Vi is doing a livestream for her vlog, so Sunny isn't with her. Luna isn't in her room, nor is she in Shanelle's room. Also, Shanelle is not in her room either. I received a text from Sunny. "Hey Sheryl, thanks to you; Luna and I are spending some sisterly bonding time together. We're off-campus, but it's going well. If either of our moms comes looking for us, tell them you haven't seen either of us all day." I finished reading Sunny's text and then quickly put my phone away. "Ms. Wright, honestly; I haven't seen Sunny or Luna all day, I've been in my room since class ended and I have been reading a Lisi Harrison novel."

Ms. Wright lowered her head. "Well, thank you for your honesty Sheryl. If you see them at dinner tonight, tell them that my wife; Aliesha Madison and I are looking for them." I agreed, she turned to leave and then I closed the door. As I returned to my room, Stella and Quinn walked through the door, Bella and Jade were coming out of their room, Daria and her girlfriend; Delilah (despite Delilah not being in our dorm) followed Stella and Quinn. Ms. Wright started to allow each student's significant others in each other's dorm. Soon there was another knock on the door. It was Violet and Sunny. "Hey everyone, Violet and I are wondering if we can hang out with all of you. Luna wants to hang out as well, and said she will be here in a few minutes."

As the day winded down; Gabriella had invited a lot of people from our school and she also invited all of our remaining friends from Shadow High. "Oh good, I was hoping to go to a party tonight." Holly said as she walked into the dorm common area with Veronica beside her. "Are you two?" Sunny asked Holly as they arrived. Holly nodded; "Laurel and Naomi aren't aware of it, and we don't want them knowing about us yet." Lila Yamamoto and her Korean cousin: Tiara Song from the K-Pop group; "The Royal 3" showed up to hang out, Lila transferred to Rainbow High, Tiara attends a school of music in Korea, but she was there for the Rainbowvision Music Fest. Laurel Devious also arrived at the party, and Naomi Storm followed not too far behind Laurel.

[Third-Person POV]

A few days later;

This year; Rainbowvision was to be held at Shadow High, and the host for the competition's broadcast was going to vote on who would be the host in a few days. Would the hangout between Sheryl, the Monroe twins and their friends from both Rainbow High and Shadow High be the last time they were all together as friends? We would soon be finding out.

Everyone was invited to a party at Shadow High in the School's Auditorium. Upon her arrival at Shadow High; Laurel scoffed and rolled her eyes. Holly and Veronica were friends and both Laurel and Naomi were aware of that, but neither one knew that Holly was actually dating Veronica. "Hi Holly. It's great to see you." Veronica said to Holly with a hug. Then after a few friendly moments together, the Storm Twins and the Devious Twins went back to acting as though they hate each other.