#3 Pepa Saves the day

Y/N sat down at there small table, the girl traced her finger over the hand carved shapes

The young girl's mother sat a plate of steaming hot arepas own in front of her 

" Mija, you have to eat today! Pepa asked me if it was ok for you and her to go to the market to you know, do teenage girl stuff!" 

" Sure, ok Mami, I'll eat. You know full well that I would have eaten all of these delicacy's in front of me anyways, right?"

 Y/N's mother stiffened a laugh." I know that, I have lived with you for your whole life.. You better eat all of those before Diego wakes up. "

There was a knock on the door. " oh! That must be Pepa now." 

The girl's mother walked to the door to let the Madrigal child in.

 Y/N stuffed the last arepa in her mouth, causing her to choke.

Pepa walked into the little kitchen just as Y/N was hacking away because a loose arepa crumb lodged itself in her windpipe

The Red head smacked the back of  Y/N's back as hard as she could, making the crumb blast out of the poor girls mouth a rocket speed

" Thanks Pepa." Y/N laughed

" No problem." 

Pepa sat down in one of the chairs, stealing a fresh arepa from the plate y/n's mother just placed down. " You know Diego, I think you like my sister..." Pepa said with a sparkle of mischief in her eyes as Y/n's twin brother sat down.

Diego eyes went wide, a dusting of pink appeared on his cheeks. Y/n and Pepa laughed making the twin's mother to look behind her with a knowing expression. 

" ohh, we caught you real good hermano. "

" I always see you making goo goo eyes at Julieta, even when you think no one is looking." 

Diego huffed, folding his arms agenst his chest. " You know I don't have a chance with her, she is too good for me. " 

" so you admit it!?" Y/n squealed loudly. The plate of arepas almost falling off the table.

" ok chicas, go off to the market. Y/n can you also get me some more mangos? I need them for the salad i am taking to your brother's party."

" sure! come on Pepa!" Y/n gets out of the chair and pulls the Madrigal girl out of the house.