CHAPTER ONE | NEW MOON ✓

ʜᴇʟʟᴏ, ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ
stefan swan

THE LOW CHATTER FILLED THE HALLS, EACH ONE ASTONISHED AT THE; tables rimmed with silk yellow cloths, china plates neatly piled with the appropriate dining utensils

THE LOW CHATTER FILLED THE HALLS, EACH ONE ASTONISHED AT THE; tables rimmed with silk yellow cloths, china plates neatly piled with the appropriate dining utensils. A single roll of napkins tied with a yellow bow placed on top with empty champagne glasses. The stark concrete white walls hung up photo frames of the newlyweds, their adventures and their struggles clear pass the frame, embedded in the reality of time. A long white carpet dispelled with wilted crushed petals spread out eagerly to each table, to give the sense of essence from the event, and the elegance of the actual bride.

A soft low voice, echoed briefly not even a whisper. Just the sound of a bird landing it's feet would silence the words. A woman, her cascade of wavy honey blonde hair fell just above her chest, her pale illuminating tone contrasted by the stain glass window she stood by. The sight of her eyes were the palest shade of oozing honey, a single drop of gold to spread out. The charm of her lips pulled into a smile, she glanced at her friend. "The envy to have one of these, never ceases to evade me" The voice of hers was smooth, gentle. The evident jealousy in her eyes for the groom and bride, it stung her heart.

"You could have it one day, Rose" The woman, whom stood by the woman; her hands resting on either side of her shoulders, comforting like a mother. This Rose woman, her eyes landed on a striking familiar gaze that fell upon her. "We all know that no one peaks my interest" Her voice was ice, and breakable by the smallest crack. The woman whose motherly depths never left Rose whom she proclaimed to be her child, "Do you still hold feelings for-" The woman didn't get to finish her words.

"My feelings for Emmett have long since been forgotten, Esme" Rosalie gave in, if her heart could give an inkling of a beat. "Athena is best for him" She said without a second of hesitation. Esme's mouth curved in a small smile, her fingers lacing around the peak of Rosalie's arm resting above her elbow "Let's go home, you did what you could for the newlyweds"

"Where exactly is home? It isn't here" Rosalie commented when her eyes lifted through her long eyelashes she caught sight of a shadow. A man lingering down the empty corridor with his fingers enclosed around a half empty beer bottle in his drunken haze. The man's eyes were empty, a field of cornflowers and a gentle wave of the sea stared back. His long tousled dirty blonde hair gelled back had strands popping out around the edges of his face dangling over.

The realistic definition of a best man run it's course over decades; the main point of a collage of memories between two best friends who lay their lives on the line for each other. The pure definition of friendship stuck it's core with one single man. His forest green eyes shined, he walked the corridors of an old church. The pastel concrete white walls decorated with these pale yellow ribbons at the edge of each corridor, of each corner. The endless stands of photos over the course of six years plastered on the frames of designer picture frames. Photos snapped by a Polaroid camera, signed and dated. The sign down the main lobby; Welcome to Pendleton's Church. The man dipped his hands in a fountain of water, flicking it over his face.