CHAPTER NINE | NEW MOON ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs
stefan swan

THE TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME SURROUNDING THE RESIDENCE OF THE SWAN; FAMILY strolled close towards the end of October, the sweet autumn month of year; the time when children came door to door expecting candy or so, other treats

THE TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME SURROUNDING THE RESIDENCE OF THE SWAN; FAMILY strolled close towards the end of October, the sweet autumn month of year; the time when children came door to door expecting candy or so, other treats. The thirty-first of October seemingly snatched the attention of Forks, Washington. Children raced there streets rushing home to get ready for the nightly adventure. The sweet scent of cinnamon and pumpkin spice filtered the breeze, bundled in a simple ball of air from each household. Stefan Swan leaned back into his bed, enjoying the warp of air when tragically a knock come on his bedroom door. His lips parted, calling out "Come in"

The door cracked open a jar before slowly opening to reveal the tall ghastly shape of Charlie Swan, his black curly hair disheveled, his chocolate brown eyes tired from the last few days. Even with the black circles under his eyes, Charlie held a smile still "Hey son, I know you don't have the best relationship with Billy and everyone else on Rez. But Billy invited us to the annual burn-out" Charlie eased to it. Ripping it off like it was a band-aid "I need you to take my place, cause of Bella" He said, standing firm.

"Okay" Were the only words that escaped Stefan's lips as he lay there expectantly staring at the ceiling, Charlie stood in the doorway flabbergasted with his mouth fumbling to say a word "Just okay? No type of denial first? Just okay Stef?" He said looking at his son. Stefan turned to look at his father "I'm feeling joyous. I'll give Billy the benefit of the doubt, maybe Bells will come around" He said getting up to his feet. He opened his closet, "I'll tell Billy you said hi" He said eyeing his clothes.

"Today is going to be strange" Charlie muttered leaving and closing the door behind him while Stefan looked in his closet for a plaid orange long sleeve shirt, a grey T-shirt then his jean jacket. He put everything one, with the second to look for his jeans then slipped on his boots. He grabbed the keys to his Impala off his bedside table. It took several weeks for the Auto-body to fix up his car. After several attempts for them to scrap it, Stefan threatened to sue if they don't since they were responsible under his guaranteed insurance with them.

Stefan came out of his room noticing the bedroom door to Bella's room was cracked open. His eyes moved over the messy room and the destroyed bed from her nightmares. He nearly broke the keys in his hands, it only had gotten worse since his arrival. He was merely glad to see his little sister smiling.  He stepped out into the hallway heading down the stairs, he noticed the front door opening and closing. Stefan raised a brow, seeing it was Bella when he heard the familiar roar of the trucks engine. "Is school still in session today?" He asked thinking of the day being a holiday basically, "The school doesn't care for heat today is" Charlie called from the kitchen adjusting his belt.

"Right what assholes" Stefan said moving past Charlie getting into the fridge for some food. He dug around until he grabbed two eggs, the butter and milk. He got a cup and whisked the yoke around with milk and some pepper. He buttered the pan pouring in the mix watching it sizzle while he tossed some diced chives and slices of sausage from the day before. He looked for the tapatico sauce, finding it almost empty he drizzle the last of it on the inside of the egg before he flipped it over to close it. The omelette stayed cooking for the next minute before he slid it onto a plate. He got two pieces of bread toasting them adding butter then sprinkling white cheddar cheese. He sliced the omelette in half pressing them down on both pieces.