CHAPTER FOUR | NEW MOON ✓

ʜᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏᴘᴀᴢ ᴇʏᴇs
stefan swan

THE CONSTANT REALITY OF COMPROMISE AND TRANQUILITY stimulated the single pressed matter at hand for Stefan Geoffrey Swan as he sat down at his sisters bed

THE CONSTANT REALITY OF COMPROMISE AND TRANQUILITY stimulated the single pressed matter at hand for Stefan Geoffrey Swan as he sat down at his sisters bed. His mouth dried, closing and then reopening as he met her eyes. Bella rubbed her neck awkwardly as her brother sat at the edge of her bed staring at her. "So did you guys have sex?" The question blurted from his lips, he frowned blinking his eyes as the horrified expression on his sister's face come to light. She started fumbling over the bed to reach him but he jumped back, "Stefan!" She screeched embarrassingly, her face went stark red as she glared at her brother trying to find the words, "He and I, well" Her words spluttered out shocked.

A blaze of fiery came gleaming in his green eyes, Bella blinked quickly "No! No! We didn't I promise" Her hands covered her face, trying to rub her fiercely blushing cheeks. "I'm still a -" she went to say but Stefan covered her mouth with his large hand, shaking his head "Okay okay, no more" He mumbled getting off her bed to which Bella stared at him breathing deeply to calm her racing heart. "I just needed to be sure, okay. You don't get that heartbroken if it was more you know?" He said extending a hand to find the right words while Bells glared.

"I really loved- love him Stefan" Bella sighed getting her backpack from off the ground, "I don't know about him anymore but for me, it was true" She whispered while Stefan paced back and forth, "I know the feeling. Before Clem died, I truly loved her" He said breaking the silence after a few moments. This caught Bella's attention hearing the soft mutter of Clementine name come from her brother who was staring down at the ground. Bella only heard half the story when regarding her brother and Clementine Helms. When Bella first arrived to Forks High School, she ran in Cameron Helms. She remembered the look on his face when he saw her, she wasn't a far cry in appearance of her older brother.

"When can you tell me about her?" her voice wavered.

Her older brother thought to himself, his eyes wandered over to her shifting from her face to the ground "Maybe one day, Bells I spent years. Perhaps a thousand hours trying to get over the damage" Stefan said opening her bedroom door, glancing over his shoulder at her. "I spent six years closed off from the world, don't do the same" He muttered closing the door shut behind.

Stefan Swan was a hypocrite, he could preach all he wanted to his little sister about moving yet he couldn't find that path himself. Stefan moved to his room getting out his pants suit, his dress shirt and a plaid vest. He took a comb through his hair and he glanced at the mirror on his door eyeing himself as he slipped on his leather shoes and exhaled a long deep breath. Stefan grabbed his coat, he felt the cold breeze brush through his cracked window and he wasn't going to risk it this early in the morning.