CHAPTER TWO | NEW MOON ✓

ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
stefan swan

THE WEDDING BETWEEN DAMON & ELENA MONTGOMERY PROCEEDED well into the night, the sky was clouded and dark

THE WEDDING BETWEEN DAMON & ELENA MONTGOMERY PROCEEDED well into the night, the sky was clouded and dark. The illuminating stars just dimly seen. The wedding party was going on downstairs, the reception party became a hitch after the guest had a few doses of champagne and wine of their choice. Stefan strolled upstairs to the hotel across the street, his eyes moved over the occupants moving in and out through the doors when he reached the platform. A whiff of a lavender peachy smile infiltrated his nose, he breathed it in, his eyes perplexed for a second. His memory resurfacing a old phantom memory, his eyes clouded "Hey Stefan" A voice echoed like a bell ringing with the wind. He saw windstrils of red hair, the glossed topaz blue eyes staring back at him. The sight of the crimson blood staining his hands- "Stefan? You alright man?" A hand clasp over his shoulder.

His forest green eyes blinked open, reality setting in. He exhaled a breath he held in for a long time, he spaced blinking as his eyes swept over to one of the grooms men, Damon's old college buddy. "Michael, hey. Yeah I'm good" A smile curved the corner of his lips stepping back from the guy, when he caught sight of strands of honey blonde hair in the corner of his vision. Stefan looked to his right, his lips curved into a pearly white grin, "Rosalie" Her name slid off his tongue effortlessly.

"Stefan" His name uttered from her lips made his smile become, more charming say the least. The woman stood in front of him, her suitcase in her hands "Are you leaving so soon?" He asked coming to a halt staring down at her hands then the look on her face made him frown. He saw a flicker of sadness behind her gleaming eyes, the smile on her face did not fade but he could tell. "Rosalie, what's wrong?" He asked more in concern for the woman abandoning his friend.

"My time in New York is ending, time to head home" Her voice changed, estranged and distant.

Stefan stuffed his hands into his pockets, his eyes seemingly understanding, although her change in personality torched a piercing tingle in his heart. He sighed, "Can we exchange" His voice trailed off seeing her getting impatient, though her eyes were dreading what his question may be, he could tell she wanted to stay. "Mr Swan!" A voice stopped Stefan in his tracks, a hotel staff member came jogging back out from inside "Mr Swan you have a urgent call, a man claiming to be your father hasn't been able to reach you" The receptionist lady came to a stop near Rosalie who had checked out earlier.

In that moment it all made sense to Rosalie, the charming smile, the familiarity, his voice. All of it so familiar to her, she recognized it after months around the other one, his little sister. The calls she made to her oldest brother when she claimed her heart was broken by Rose's brother, Bella's escape to Arizona only to be nearly turned and throws her life away wanting to become a vampire. All of it came crashing down around her, the anger and the envy blossomed in her chest. Mere feelings for a human, it made her detest her own existence. For her to be the potential cause in creating a monster like herself.