CHAPTER SIX | NEW MOON ✓

ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇɴᴅ, ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ
stefan swan
[mature scene; 18+]

THE WEST COAST RESTAURANT MARVELED IN THE BEAUTY OF ITALY; the stone texture felt a rough under the finger tips as a man came around a pillar, the eight foot pillar smooth to the touch

THE WEST COAST RESTAURANT MARVELED IN THE BEAUTY OF ITALY; the stone texture felt a rough under the finger tips as a man came around a pillar, the eight foot pillar smooth to the touch. He saw each table spread six feet apart with the chairs tucked under and the larger booths to occupy larger groups of people. The granite floors reflected his shadow as he descended into the dining hall. His eyes fell over Josie Helms, her long blonde hair fell flawlessly over her back, pinned behind her ears. Her topaz blue green eyes lifted locking gazes with him, "Hello Stefan" Her charming smile lifted the corner of her lips enthusiastically.

"Evening, Josie" The man greeted her, accompanying her at the table pulling a chair out and sat down. Josie curled her fingers around her champagne glass, "You must love saying my name, second time saying it in the last four minutes" She told him when he first walked over and greeted her. Stefan had a smile on his face, "What can I say, it's a force of habit" He told her, he glanced at the waiter "I'll get one of your draft beers" he ordered glancing at the menu.

The waiter disappeared, tending Stefan's attention back to Josie "Tell me, what has these six years been like for you" he asked her, he examined the menu closing it spotting what he wanted. Josie had a thoughtful expression on her face, she glanced at him "After Clem died. My parents were grieving, they were blaming everything" Josie started taking her chance to inhale a deep breath. "Stefan they blamed you for Clementine's death, cause you weren't there to save her" Josie admitted meeting his eyes.

The flare in his eyes was fiery then astonishment, his lips pressed together "The much blame I put on myself equals that of your parents" He said with a sigh, he stared down at the bubbles in her champagne glass, "I stopped blaming myself in a way Josie, it can't be my fault" Stefan said feeling as if this heavy weight was filling off his back. He felt as if he needed to admit it to the one person he cared for; Josie. Stefan knew he wanted her to hear the truth, but he wanted to keep it from her. He felt his heart clenching around the possiblity of saying the truth.

"Does Caroline and James still blame me Josie? I need to know this" In truth, Stefan figured that Cameron himself just became a Junior as he was only a year younger than Bella's whose a senior now. The man met her eyes as her gaze dropped to her glass, she lifted it pressing it to her lips and swallowed, her silence was the answer. "Josie your parents better stay out of my way while I'm teaching at Forks, I don't need them messing with my career" He said finally.

Her eyes flared for a second, "When I first saw you in the parking lot after Cam rushed past you. I never thought I'd see you again, it's been six years Stef. I even tried hunting you down" Josie said, her eyes glistening as the tears threatened to spill. "Then I saw you, I heard that Bella joined Forks earlier that year. God even my parents heard" Josie whispered sliding her thumb under her eyes, "They told Cameron to stay clear of your family, so they don't loose another child."