CHAPTER EIGHT | NEW MOON ✓

ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
stefan swan

THE SINGULARITY SOUND OF A BEEPING MACHINE NEXT TO STEFAN GEOFFREY SWAN; REGULATED the fast beats of his heart thumping in his chest

THE SINGULARITY SOUND OF A BEEPING MACHINE NEXT TO STEFAN GEOFFREY SWAN; REGULATED the fast beats of his heart thumping in his chest. His skin tone was a few shades paler, dark circles were under his eyes and cuts along his face. His bruised lips pressed together, sore as he moved the thin blanket strapped over him. His eyes ran over the white walls surrounding him, the curtains lowered over the windows and the static television reviewing the last season of the Yankees playing the Red Sox. He groaned, his eyes fluttered closed then opened when he heard the sound of a door creaking. He cranes his neck to see a shade of pale blonde hair, fair pale skin that seemed translucent under the hospital light.  His vision was blurred, he settled his gaze on a pair of honey gold eyes peering down at him.

The cold brush of her hand rested on his cheek, he went to speak but his throat clenched with thirst he nearly coughed. "Don't speak" Her voice was calm and sweet. The corner of her lips tugged into a charming smile, "Rose" He found himself saying her name, a plastic cup was risen to his lips and the taste of water flooded his mouth. He swallowed it, he peaked at her. Her unfathomable beauty spoke itself when he saw her smile, "How" He whispered feeling her hand grabbing his.

"I have my ways" The heavenly sound of her voice made it bearable. "I had to check on you. Unfortunately you made an impact of me that you don't know of Stefan Swan" Her smile radiated the room with warmth. "I can see why I was so drawn to you" Her voice was light, delicate softly spoken as she leaned over gently kissing his forehead. The air around him shifted, his eyes fluttered closed allowing the darkness to come in.

The man abruptly opened his eyes, his vision seemed more clear. He frowned looking around the room, and he saw the door opening with Charlie holding a greasy bag of food, the warping smell of hamburgers and fries filtered the room. His lips curled into a smile, "Got enough grease in those things" his words nearly made his father drop the bag of food. "Good lord Stef, you scared the hell out of me" Charlie said making his way over to his son, the palm of his hand resting on his son's shoulder with a smile.

"How long I was out?" Stefan found himself asking dipping his hand into the greasy bag and snatching a fry tossing it into his mouth. He savored the salty taste, his mouth was semi dry and he was starving. "A few days, I called your mother. Renee flew in about two days ago, she comes and sees you every few hours" Charlie said seeing Stefan's face drop. "Where is here?" He asked his father. The chief of police was never good at keeping things, "We had you transferred to this hospital, Seattle Grey Memorial Hospital" Charlie grabbed his son's hand, "The hospital in town, it hasn't been able to keep up with the constant changes in your heart"

"What do you mean?" Stefan asked him, narrowing his eyes.

"Whatever happened to you out in those woods Stefan, it put a strain on your heart" Charlie swallowed thickly, "The stress from the accident caused a heart attack. Your almost twenty-three, you shouldn't be having heart attacks" Charlie sat up running a hand through his hair. "Your heart kept stopping, they couldn't risk you dying" Charlie sighed glancing over at Stefan whose eyes widened in shock, "Fúck, did you call or talk to Josie? What about Harold" Stefan said inching to sit up more adjusting the pillows behind him with the help of his father.