CHAPTER FIVE | NEW MOON ✓

ᴊᴏsɪᴇ
stefan swan

THE STIFF MEMORY OF CLEMENTINE HELMS CIRCULATED WIRED BRAIN OF STEFAN SWAN; AS He sat down in the towns local cafe with a cup of black roast coffee boiling in the palm of his hand

THE STIFF MEMORY OF CLEMENTINE HELMS CIRCULATED WIRED BRAIN OF STEFAN SWAN; AS He sat down in the towns local cafe with a cup of black roast coffee boiling in the palm of his hand. He took a swift drink of it, his eyes moved across the sea of customers seating themselves in the booths, over the counter or plainly at a random open table. Stefan just cranked his chair under him, trying to get accustomed to the small chair. The cafe door little bell chimed signaling someone making their entrance. He glanced and his eyes landed a woman. Her petite frame clothed in a simple knee high black dress paired with a blue blazer she strapped on. Her topaz blue eyes scanned the cafe, Stefan titled his head, lips parting as he smiled taking a gulp of his coffee.

The man didn't have time to even think before the chair next to him was pulling out and a bundle of blonde hair came into his peripheral. Through his lashes, he raised a brow at the woman. Josie Helms huffed tossing her purse on the counter, stilling on top of the stool. Her blue eyes centered on the pot of coffee oozing steam from its own lid, she thought of it until Stefan slid a glass over to her, an empty second cup. She eagerly grabbed it pouring herself the liquid goodness taking a swift gulp of it.

She swallowed the bitter taste down, she groaned quickly glaring at him. "What? I like my coffee black and roasted, can't handle it?" He asked shrugging his shoulders at her. Josie rolled her eyes, "How did the interview go at the college?" Her fingers drummed over the counter as she stared at him nervously. Stefan grinned, "Got the job" He said when a plate of eggs, bacon and sausage was put in front of him with a side of toast.

"That's fantastic! Listen tonight let's meet in Port Angeles, they have a nice Italian restaurant you might like" Josie said glancing at him, his lips parted to speak "I - we have to talk" Josie said finally cutting him off before he can say much.  A frown eased on his face, seeing the solemn expression in her eyes, "yeah okay" he said seeing her sigh in relief. "Great see you at West Coast" She patted his arm giving him a squeeze before leaving the cafe quickly the way she came leaving her cup halfway empty.

Stefan picked up her class spotting a rim of her lipstick left behind on the edge of the cup. He put it down, sliding it away from him and finished the rest of the coffee in his own cup placing his money down under his cup before waving, "See you around Meredith" He called to his waitress, the young woman who blushed when he called to her attention, he simply winked at her. Stefan threw on his leather jacket seeing he had time to head back to Charlie's and change.

Stefan Swan was most likely ruled to be crazy, he walked from the high school to the Cafe just to walk on back home to his father's house. He adjusted his watch knowing what time he will have to leave. Stefan rounded the corner spotting the Swan residence. He eagerly went up the steps unlocking the door with a spare key given to him by Charlie earlier this morning.