Chapter 11: Spider Lily

TW: Swearing

Midoriya walked into his classroom, nervously fiddling with the strings of his backpack. It was Tuesday again, meaning he had to go somewhere after school.

All he had to do was not make Bakugo mad. He didn't know if he would make it in time if he had to 'talk' to Bakugo after school.

He sat at his desk, taking his backpack off and grabbing out a notebook. He began to write and wait for class to start.

<<<<<<<

He failed. His one goal for the day was: 'don't make Bakugo mad'. Of course he had failed, seeing as he was now running, slightly bloody, to the flower shop.

The flower shop. He only needed one flower, once a week. The shop closed early on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but Tuesday was the only day he could do it. He had other things, mostly consisting of school meetings and activities, to do the other days of the week.

He arrived at the shop only a few minutes before closing time. He walked in, knowing he didn't need mush time for only one flower.

A small ding signaled his entrance to the shop. The cashier barely looked up from their phone, immediately not interested. Midoriya went to where he knew the flower would be. He grabbed what he needed and started heading over to the front counter.

The cashier looked up when they heard footsteps coming closer to them. They sat up, turning their phone off, and looked at Midoriya with a bored expression.

He put the flower on the counter and looked absently at the table in front of him, not wanting to look the cashier in the eyes. He cashier rung him up, looking at the screen to confirm the price.

"Your total is 4.99." The cashier stated looking back at the boy in front of him. Midoriya put a hand in his pocket and gave the cashier a 10 dollar bill, like he does every time he comes here.

"Would you like your change?" At this point it was just a formality. He never take the change back. What would he even buy with it? It wasn't his money in the first place. He the money from his mother every week. She never caught him, and even if she did, he didn't think she would care enough to confront him.

"No." Midoriya shook his head. He took the flower and turned to leave. The cashier went right back to their phone when the boy left.

>>>>>>>

Midoriya got back to home, seeing once again, no car in the driveway. He, instead of going inside, took the side gate into the backyard. He unlocked the gate and slipped through the fence. He place the lock back on, securing it before turning to walk to the far back corner.

There, tucked in the very back of their yard, slightly covered by a tree, was a grave like shrine. There was no body or headstone, but there was a small piece of wood.

'In remembrance of -------- Midoriya.'

There was no picture or name. Midoriya didn't have any to put there anyways. His father wasn't dead, as far as Midoriya knew, but he sure as he'll wasn't in his son's life anymore.

Midoriya walked over the piece of wood. The letter were uneven and clearly had not been done by someone who had even the slightest clue what they were doing. Midoriya had to do it himself. He didn't talk to his mother, so bring up the idea to make a sort of shrine to his father was out of the question.

He placed the flower in front of the wood. A red spider lily. It was the only reason he didn't just make the shrine inside his room.

Red Spider Lilies were meant to represent final goodbyes. Most of the time that was death, which it why they are often used at funerals. He guessed he wouldn't be seeing his father again, so 'final goodbye' was pretty accurate.

He couldn't make the shrine in his room because brining Red Spider Lilies into your home was considered to be bad luck. It's said that if you take it home, your house would catch fire.

He still wanted to jeep the shrine close, however, so he put it in the backyard instead.

Midoriya said goodbye to his father, before turning to go back inside the house.

AN: Hey, Hey, Hey, you beautiful losers! This chapter was hoestly just a filler. I wanted to explain a Red Spider Lilies meaning. I also just kinda wanted to post a chapter lol. I really want to hurry up and get to one really interesting part, but I can't just rush over a ton of stuff and make a shit story. I'll try to keep it fun and not bore you guys. If you have any ideas for future chapter or things you want to see, please comment them. I love seeing comments :>. Anyways, enough of my stupid rambling. Have a great day or rest of your day or whatever! :》

What is the most interesting story about yourself? (Idk if that question made sense.)

Words: 858