Chapter 34: That's Certainly An Answer

Midoriya looked back his teachers' confused, shocked, and 'regretting all life choices that led up to this moment' faces.

Midoriya decided to be a decent person, because he always is, obviously, and let his teachers figure out what was happening on their own.

He turned around and found a nice chair to sit in. He sat down and scanned the rest of the teachers lounge, finding absolutely nothing of interest. There were desks and chairs and tables and a coffee machine and papers and a printer and computers and- y'know what? There was just a lot of stuff.

Now that Midoriya thought about it, how would caffeine affect a ghost who can't sleep?

'Oh yes, a new development that might hurt a lot of people. This is definitely something I should do.' He thought, walking over to the machine, still ignoring his teachers, who had now grouped up in a little circle while they whispered.

They were interrupted by a series of clicks comming from the coffee table. The teachers' heads shot up from their gossip circle to find coffee mugs moving around, until one was picked up and put under the coffee leader thing. (For lack of a better word.)

The coffee machine lid opened when Midnight made the first move.

"You're... you're really dead?" She asked, almost unbelievably. Midoriya picked up the pre-ground coffee beans and shoveled some into a coffee filter.

"Yup! Dead as a... dead thing. I don't know, I'm just dead." Midoriya shrugged, going back to his coffee making.

"Why?" Snipe asked, utterly confused.

"Why am I dead? Because I died. That's kinda how it works. If you die, you're dead." Midoriya said, sounding very serious even though he was being completely sarcastic. Aizawa sighed in frustration.

"You know what he meant. How did you die?" His homeroom teacher said, being a little too blunt for Midoriyas liking.

'Isn't he supposed to know how I died? Didn't he read my file? Well, if he forgot, there's no way I'm reminding him.' Midoriya thought.

"That's a very rude thing to ask. Haven't you ever heard the saying? 'Don't ask a woman her age, a man his salary, a dead person how they died. It's common courtesy." He huffed' closing the coffee maker lid and pressing the button that would probably fit the cup.

"We're allowing you to stay here. We should at least know what happened." All Might said. This was Midoriyas absolute last straw. Allowing him to stay here? Like they have a damn choice in the matter anyway.

"Are you all stupid?" He asked turning to them as the coffee machine hummed in the background. He saw the look of mild offense at the statement on some of their faces. On a few, he saw looks of disgust, but for once in his life, the face wasn't aimed at him.

Ectoplasm, Thirteen, and Lunch Rush looked at their fellow heros with a small amount of disgust.

"Are you guys serious? You can't just ask a dead person how they died. Did you guys ever think of how traumatic that could be? You guys' are heros, you should be thinking more logically than that." Ectoplasm said to his fellow teachers, before turning in the direction of the coffee machine, and in turn, Midoriya.

"I apologize for my coworkers behavior. Feel free to tell us what happened when you're ready." Midoriya almost burst out in tears right then and there, but for reputation sake, he held himself back. He's never had a teacher speak this kindly to him before. Sure, the teacher didn't know about his quirkless status, but it's not like he ever planned on telling them, so he'd enjoy the moment.

"Thank you. I'd appreciate if we didn't talk about it right now. Besides, I didn't come in here to be disrespected by someone who looks worse than me when I died. I feel like I should start dialing the emergency number every time you sneeze." Midoriya said, glaring at All Might even thought the old man couldn't see it.

The student turned back to his now finished coffee and picked up the mug. It was steaming and would probably burn him if he was still alive.

"You talking about disrespect? You just disrespected me by saying that. You need to learn to respect the people who allow you to be here, in this-" All Might said, before being cut off by a fuming teen.

"Will you stop with that? 'Allow'? You think you're allowing me to stay here? You think you get even a sing say in this? Because you absolutely do not. I'll do whatever the fuck I want, because what are you going to do to stop me? You gonna try to punch me? Kick me off the school grounds? I'm dead! You can't even touch me! You have absolutely no power with me, so don't act so high and mighty you old fuck." Midoriya ended his angry little rant and took a sip of the burning hot coffee, not even bothering with sweeteners. He needed something bitter to chase away his anger.

The teachers simply stood there, absolutely no idea what to do. They knew he was right. There wasn't a way to get him out of the school, so even if they say he wasn't allowed there anymore, he could simply choose not to listen to them.

The school was at the complete mercy of a 15 year old, and absolutely nothing could be done about it.

AN: Hiya, you beautiful losers! I'm so sorry this is late! I just got back from a week long trip (which I hated btw) and was so socially exhausted I didn't want to do anything lol. I'll try to post extra to make up for it. This is also pretty short, so I'm sorry about that too. It's so hard for me to write thing about like 1300 or so words cause I get really distracted and bored, so I'll try to get better with that. The only reason I was able to write was you guys' comments. They motivated me to push though it and write as much as I can, so thank you! I'm also really bad at reactions, as you can tell, so I'm dreading the next chapter, but I'll try my best! Enough of my silly ramblings for now! Have a wonderful day or night or whatever! :}

What's your favorite fruit?

Words: 1076