Golden Surprise

Requested by April_Gianttale .

Dream walks along the trail, golden eyelights bright as he continued to follow the butterflies. Ink, Blue, and himself were initially going to hang out since they hadn't seen each other in a while, but Dream arrived early and while he was waiting he came across the pretty butterflies.

So here he is. Wandering into a random AU's forest-that-is-prbably-filled-with-dangerous-creaures-that-will-eat-you- following butterflies. Yep, totally nothing wrong going to happen.

He was so focused on the flying insects that he didn't notice the hole until he fell in it. With a yelp he plummeted in an instant, a few seconds later crashing heavily into a pool of water. Sputtering, he started to tread water as he catches his breath.

Swimming to the bank, he gasps seeing the cavern he has fallen into. The opening in the ceiling was wide at the bottom funneling into a narrow top, faint sunlight filtering in from further up. The cavern itself was illuminated by the luminescent flora, moss and flowers of different kinds sprouting from the soil and climbing the walls. The pool in which he had fell in in was seemingly glowing from within, the surface a mirror as he tried to peer into the depths.

He blinked when he saw a single, cyan eyelight peering back at him, rubbing his eyes thinking it was a trick of the light. Looking once more only revealed the faint image of a dark skull with one socket, the eyelight inside glowing brighter.

Dream stares with wide eyes as the image starts to rise out of the water, an actual skull revealing itself followed by a black skeleton torso. The large monster towered over the smaller, long black coils emerging from the pool, the thickness of the tail close to the diameter of an oil drum.

Dream looks up fearfully at the other as they lean over him, two very large hands placed on either side of the skeleton bracing the rest of the large lamia's body.

That same bright teal eyelight studies the golden skeleton while the skull moves closer. Dream tries to back away but jumps when he finds out that coils had made their way behind him, preventing any attempts to go back any further.

Dream was about to make an attempt at speaking when both monsters turned their skulls to the side where voices could be heard. Judging by the fact that the voices were steadily getting louder, their owners would soon become visible.

The large lamia seemed to gain an annoyed expression before turning back to Dream. The little monster looked up at the other fearfully, the amount of trembling he was doing making his bones slightly rattle.

A deep sigh was heard from the lamia before a hand scoops him up and unceremoniously shoves him between its jaws. Large, sharp fangs and teeth were visible to Dream as he further entered the monster's maw, pleads sprang from him as he tried to escape. A thin, but strong tounge pinned the skeleton to the larger's palate, preventing most of his struggles before he was swallowed.

----

Nightmare had a small look of curiosity on his skull before it was promptly replaced with annoyance as he turned around to greet the idiots. He had a feeling grew this was gonna be something immensely irritating. Hopefully it didn't have anything to do with with the last time...

"BOSS, KILLER PUT GLITTER ALL OVER THE BASE."

GOSH DAMINT, I SWEAR-

----

Settling down in his resting resting chambers, Nightmare coils up in his nest comfortably before placing a hand on his abdominal region where his passenger has been all day. He groaned at the thought of 'Glitter Incident #5', thankful that the day was coming to an end.

Looking down at his midsection he calmed down slightly as his annoyance was replaced with wonder. He was semi-glad they had passed out a while ago, though that would mean they were going to freak out a little more simply from getting abruptly awoken. This proved to be correct as he felt them wake abruptly and instantly struggle when he started to send them back up, although it was very weak, as they seemed to have used most of their strength earlier.

They fell limp when they re-entered his maw, the rattling of bones from inside of his skull echoing oddly to the larger. He let them out onto his hand where he had a towel placed, so as to not get magic everywhere.

Two tiny, golden eyelights gazed up at his cyan one, quivering from a mixture of emotions. The small skeleton tried to move but barely managed to move their arm to grip the edge of the towel. Seeing this as a sign of them trying to dry off, Nightmare reached his other hand over to wrap them in the towel only to pause when their terror made them faintly shriek, attempting to move again only to fall limp once more, their breathing having increased into faint panting.

Nightmare stayed still and though a moment, taking in the situation and considering his options. A small sigh and, with some reluctance, he began to hum a soothing tune for the smaller, slowly moving to the 'bathroom' where the hotspring that served as the 'tub' was.

The golden skeleton only twitched at the movement and the sound of trickling water, the humming seeming to capture his focus like it was supposed to. They only broke their attention when he was placed in one off the smaller pools, Nightmare's hand still holding him from underneath while the other used the towel to start gently scrubbing the small's skull. After a moment their tense posture relaxed some and their sockets closed.

Nightmare let a small smile creep onto his skull as he continued to hum. Maybe the little Golden Surprise would warm up to him. Eventually.